Comodo Cloud Antivirus provides a reliable, cloud-based protection for your system. It uses a powerful combination of virus monitoring, auto-sandbox and behavior analysis technologies to immediately protect your computer from all known and unknown malware.
The program is free, fast, and has a simple, easy to use interface. Control of all aspects of virus scanning is now easier than ever with Comodo Cloud AntiVirus.
It’s sleek design provides fingertip access to all major settings and there’s no complex configuration or steep learning curves.
The Comodo Cloud Antivirus protects in real-time you against known threats, while auto-sandboxing protects you against unknown threats. With Viruscope on top, you also get proactive identification of brand new malware.
CCAV’s real-time scanner constantly monitors all files and processes on your computer for potential threats. If you launch a program or file which creates destructive anomalies, then the scanner blocks it and alerts you immediately. Protection begins the moment you start Windows so viruses are stopped in their tracks before your computer is affected.
Comodo’s real-time protection is also the most accurate around because we scan files with our fast, cloud-based servers. These contain the very latest virus blacklists, so you don’t have to wait for updates to download to recieve protection against the newest threats.
The traditional antivirus software can only detect around 40% of the viruses in circulation at any one time. Comodo Cloud Antivirus protects you against the other 60% by automatically isolating all unknown files in a secure container called the sandbox.
The sandbox is a security hardened operating environment for unknown applications (those that are neither trusted/safe nor definitely malware). Applications in the sandbox are executed under a carefully selected set of privileges and write to a virtual file system and registry. This delivers the smoothest user experience possible by allowing unknown applications to run and operate as they normally would while denying them the potential to cause damage. Zero-day malware is simply locked away instead of being allowed to run amok as it would in any other antivirus. You can also run any application you choose in the sandbox.
Comodo Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) provides unrivalled protection against zero-day threats by automatically running unknown files inside a sandbox. Viruscope is an advanced behaviour analysis technology that monitors sandboxed processes and alerts you if they take actions that could threaten your security. It uses a sophisticated set of behaviour ‘recognizers’ to determine whether or not the actions of a file in the sandbox are malicious.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
What’s new in Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.13.424807.562 :
- Manual Updater: Now we have manual updater. It is available from two places:
- Main screen has a button: Check for Updates
- Menu shown from Help icon has additional option: Check for Updates
- Proxy Settings: Under “Settings –> General Settings –> Updates”, now there is a link to “Proxy and Host Settings”. You will be able to configure proxy for all communication now.
- Exclusion List for Network Traffic for Apps Running in Sandbox: Under “Settings –> Sandbox –> Sandbox Settings” section you have a new check box allowing user to define exception list of applications running in Sandbox that can still communicate over TCP if network related options are disabled. So now you should be able to define exclusions e.g. for browsers running in Sandbox.
- Earlier Internet Security Essentials(ISE) used to be installed by default in case you had not installed ISE in the past. Going forward, in case ISE is not currently installed in system, you will be offered ISE during installation and can opt-out.
- Release notes link is now added in About dialog.
- Edge browser support in Sandbox is dropped at the moment. There are technical limitations due to design of Edge. We will continue to explore possibilities further.
Size: 9.02 MB