AMD Radeon Crimson Edition is the graphics and HD video configuration software. It delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with ATI Radeon graphics processors.
It is AMD’s revolutionary new graphics software, delivering a redesigned user interface, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features. Also an innovation that redefines the overall user experience – at no additional charge.
AMD new streamlined user interface gets an updated name: “AMD Catalyst Control Center” is now “Radeon Settings”. It enables the best from AMD graphics hardware.
User-friendly Radeon Settings is lightning fast, looks sharp, works smoothly, and delivers intuitive functionality. That requires less effort and fewer mouse clicks than its predecessor.
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition delivers extraordinary performance and precise control of graphics, video, displays. And forward-thinking power efficiency from the latest AMD technologies and advances:
- Fast high-speed game loading with Shader Cache.
- Optimized Flip Queue Size provides users with the very latest keyboard and mouse positional information while gaming
- Frame Pacing: smoother gaming enhancements enabled on DirectX 9 games
- Enhanced image quality for 1080p media content scaled to 4K using adaptive directional filtering technology
- Fine-tuned Dynamic Contrast algorithm
- Enhanced Video quality settings for 6th Generation A-Series AMD APUs
- Display Port to HDMI 2.0 dongle support
- Customizable display settings with fine tuning for resolutions, timings, and refresh rates
- AMD FreeSync technology enhancements. Including AMD CrossFire support for DirectX 9 games and low frame rate compensation for smoother gameplay
- Incredible power efficiency for select products and applications through power optimizations
- Frame Rate Target Control enhancements including; power saving capability, support for DirectX 9 games and extended range for target control (20 – 200 FPS)
Virtual Reality is at the cusp of launching into the consumer marketplace. Tens of thousands of developers are working on a wide array of applications, including simulation, gaming, entertainment, education, social media, travel, medicine, real estate, ecommerce, and more.
- AMD LiquidVR SDK platform provides software functionality to simplify and optimize VR development. LiquidVR unlocks many unique hardware features designed to seamlessly interplay with VR headsets to help enable smooth and immersive VR experiences.
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition enables all LiquidVR features, which are validated and tested by VR headset manufacturers and ecosystem partners.
Support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.2 Driver Version 16.40.2911
- Support For: Battlefield 1, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, Titanfall 2, Serious Sam VR Early Access, Eagle Flight VR
- New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX 11: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
- Fan speed may sometimes remain elevated on select Radeon RX 400 series graphics products even when an application has been exited.
- Eyefinity group settings may not be retained after driver upgrade when using AMD CrossFire configurations.
- Gears of War 4 may experience an application hang when using select high resolution and quality configurations in some specific game maps.
- DirectX 12 content may be unable to launch on some older CPUs that do not support popcnt instruction.
- Battlefield 1 AMD CrossFire profile updates for game launch.
AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 16.10.2 Release Notes
Size: 139 MB
Download AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit)
Download AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit)
Download AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Download AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Download AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit)
Download AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit)
Download AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows Vista (32-bit)
Download AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows Vista (64-bit)
Download AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows XP (32-bit)
Download AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows XP (64-bit)