Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2017 design software is AutoCAD software built for manufacturing. Part of the Digital Prototyping solution, it includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus libraries of standards-based parts and tools for automating common mechanical CAD tasks and accelerating the mechanical design process.
You can insert various types of standardized parts so that you can complete your drafting projects or mechanical drawings faster than usual. Once you added the elements, you can move, rotate, mirror, stretch, trim and scale them as you see fit, then measure or group them.
You can also draw multiple types of lines, circles or arcs, then adjust them to your necessities. Furthermore, you can attach dedicated frames or layers, then import CAD objects from other files (such as STEP or IGES).
Additionally, AutoCAD Mechanical 2017 comes in handy to those looking to insert text strings within their projects, add symbols (for leader note, surface texture or welding).
Another function of AutoCAD Mechanical 2017 is that you can access the content libraries, screw templates, steel shapes, shafts and holes, as well as calculate the correct values for springs, chains and belts.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2017 Features:
Mechanical design productivity:
- New! Content manager Standard Parts live update. Get instant revisions and standards updates.
- New! Document 3D CAD models. Document native Inventor part and assembly models.
- New! Custom Content library. Ceate and save custom content.
- 700,000 standard parts and features. Get enhanced mechanical drafting tools.
- Mechanical drafting standards update (enhanced). ISO 1302-2002 surface texture symbols.
- Reusable mechanical drawing detailing tools. Specific tools for mechanical drafting.
- Layer management. Automatically place items on the correct layer.
- Hidden lines. Geometry automatically updates when changes occur.
- Machinery generators and calculators. Better analyze your designs.
- Part publishing support for custom parts. Add custom parts to content library.
- Extended draw toolbar for manufacturing. Get drafting tools designed for mechanical.
- Infer constraint integration. Automatically constrain objects. (video: 1:44 min.)
Mechanical engineering documentation:
- Autodesk Synergy for mechanical engineering. Create associative section and detail views of 3D models.
- Smart mechanical engineering dimensions. Create dimensions using abbreviated dialog boxes.
- Support for international drafting standards. Deliver standards-based design documentation.
- Associative balloons and bills of materials (enhanced). Create automated part lists and BOMs.
- Dimension in-place editor. Select multiple dimensions at once.
- BOM migration. Automatic mapping and template setup.
- JIS and DIN content libraries. Extensive content libraries for Japan and Germany.
- Autodesk Content Explorer. Search using file objects or text attributes.
- Mechanical drafting annotation monitor. Check for dissociated annotations in model space.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.91 GB