Autodesk 3ds Max 2018 is a comprehensive 3D modeling, animation, simulation, and rendering solution for games, film, and motion graphics artists. This software lets you create high-quality 3D assets with powerful animation, modelling and rendering tools created specifically for entertainment and visualisation projects.
If you can dream it, you can build it in 3ds Max, the 3D software for modeling, animation, and rendering that allows you to create massive worlds in games and stunning scenes for design visualization.
With tools to help shape and define, 3ds Max is modeling software for artists looking to create a range of environments and detailed characters.
Autodesk 3ds Max works with most major renderers, such as V-Ray, Iray, and mental ray, to create high-end scenes and striking visuals for design visualization and more.
Autodesk 3ds Max is used by top-tier animation and design firms to create imaginative characters and realistic scenes in games and architecture.
Autodesk 3ds Max works with Autodesk Revit, Inventor, Fusion 360, and Stingray, as well as SketchUp, Unity, Unreal, and more.
- Powerful 3D modeling – With an extensive polygon modeling and texture mapping toolset, modelers and texture artists can work more quickly and effectively.
- Advanced character rigging and animation – The fully integrated Character Animation Toolkit (CAT) provides an out-of-the-box advanced rigging and animation system.
- Choice of integrated renderers – Artists can create highly near realistic or stylized looks using the tightly integrated 3ds Max scan line and mental ray renderers, including mental ray network rendering to help finish rendering faster.
- Extensible pipeline support – Developers can customize, extend, and integrate 3ds Max into their existing pipelines with support for C ++ and .NET.
- FBX Import/Export for Unreal pipelines – Create and animate 3D models in Autodesk 3ds Max 2018 and export as Autodesk FBX asset exchange technology files, and then import into the Unreal Editor content creation tool.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2018 Features
- Produce professional-quality 3D animations, renders, and models with 3ds Max software. An efficient toolset helps you create better 3D content in less time.
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2018 offers the most capable and varied toolset to date. Customize tools; collaborate more efficiently across teams; and work with more speed and confidence.
- Create intelligent, believable 3D characters and high-quality animations with the sophisticated 3ds Max toolset.
- Explore the 3D modeling, texturing, and materials toolset in 3ds Max software. Get intuitive Graphite modeling, expanded OpenSubdiv support, enhanced ShaderFX, powerful ProOptimizer technology, and more.
- Create stunning images faster with 3D rendering and visualization tools. Autodesk 3ds Max software delivers high-performance interactive workflows, quick preview animations, and photorealistic detail for pixel-perfect final images.
- Bring scenes to life with 3ds Max software, featuring the MassFX unified system of simulation solvers, the powerful Particle Flow system, and integrated hair and fur toolsets.
- Explore user interface innovations, productivity-enhancing workflows, and smarter ways of working with the data in your pipeline in Autodesk 3ds Max software. Create better 3D content faster.
What’s New in Autodesk 3ds Max 2018:
- Improve navigation and editing times with UV mapping enhancements that address key user requests such as texture creation improvements, visual feedback and a simplified, more efficient editing process.
- Quickly create hard surface forms with more reliable results using updated, double precision Booleans that enable you to add and remove operands with greater ease and sort or create nested Booleans.
- Set your desired level or use the same presets found in TextPlus using the Bevel Profile Modifier.
- Enjoy a more responsive animation pipeline with Track View improvements that include a new layout and new editing tools for manipulating key values and times.
- Speed up usability with new copy/paste/reset capabilities in the Motion Panel and creation/loading/saving capabilities for presets files in the Custom Attribute workflow.
- Enjoy more efficient and intuitive tool access for object work. Improvements to the Working Pivot, Local Align, Sub Object Pick and Point to Point Selection tools help streamline usability for ease-of-use and improved workflow.
- Render more near-photorealistic results for industrial, product and architectural projects using Autodesk Raytracer (ART) renderer, a physically-based renderer ideal fordesign visualisation workflows used in Revit, Inventor, Fusion 360 and certain other Autodesk applications.
- Access 3D content more quickly and in a single view, making content more easily searchable. The 3ds Max Asset Library is available from the Autodesk Exchange and allows for assets to be added to the scene through Xref, merge or replace.
- Run 3ds Max on modern HDPI monitors and laptops with new High DPI Display Support that applies Windows display scaling. Enjoy a more legible UI and new Qt based skin.
- Easily integrate 3ds Max into your production process with Shotgun integration that enables you to track, review and manage assets on a secure, cloud-based and collaboration-enabling platform.
- Create and modify, package and share animation tools using new MCG-based controllers that include Look at (with billboard mode), Ray to Surface and the Rotation Spring.
- Create more realistic skin weighting faster with Geodesic Voxel and Heatmap Skinning. New skinning methods can be run outside of the bind pose and on selected areas, making it easier to refine weighting in particular spots. Geodesic Voxel Skinning can handle complex geometry that is not watertight and can contain non-manifold or overlapping components – as is frequently the case with real-world production meshes.
- Add data-driven information to your scenes more easily with a new 3D text tool that features global controls, local editing capabilities and font retention capabilities that help improve workflows when copying text from Microsoft Word documents.
- Experience a more seamless Art-to-Engine workflow with the new Game exporter that enables you to transfer certain different types of data from 3ds Max into game engines such as Unity, Unreal Engine and the new Autodesk Stingray engine.
- Sell original content on the Creative Market and explore new revenue opportunities when you license your 3D and 2D assets online. Quickly access and search the marketplace from within 3ds Max.
- Send your model to Print Studio with one click, directly from 3ds Max.
- Simplify the creation of text or shapes as a map in your material with the new Text & Shape Map, which enables you to create text-based graphics directly from the objects used to create them. Elements remain interactive and linked to the original objects, and font changes, content revisions and shape updates are reflected automatically with this new functionality.
- Import, parse and display simulation data more easily with Simple Simulation Data Import (CFD Visualisation). Ideal for non-programmers, these tools can be used to help animate simulation data in CFD, CSV or OpenVDB formats and apply render styles, CFD velocity fields and animate airflow splines.
Homepage – http://www.autodesk.com
Size: 3.21 GB