Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview.
This program is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. The user may draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan, change the color or the texture of the walls, draw dimensions, drag and drop furniture in the plan from a catalog organized by categories (living room, kitchen).
You can import additional 3D models created by himself or downloaded from different Web sites, change the size, the orientation and the elevation of each piece of furniture with the mouse.
Sweet Home 3D allows you to view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point, print the home plan and the 3D view. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D Features:
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 25 languages.
Sweet Home 3D may run on Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.11, Linux and Solaris.
Changes in Sweet Home 3D 5.2 :
- Added Invisible option to the Furniture materials pane to hide some parts of a piece of furniture.
- Made resizing of a piece of furniture with its resize indicator proportional when shift key is pressed.
- Moved the viewport of the plan only when selected objects become invisible at screen when they are moved with the keyboard.
- Changed the width of the rectangle of doors and windows in the plan to take into account the width of their doorOrWindowCutOutShape property when it’s smaller.
- Added com.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale system property to apply a scale factor to the user interface of Sweet Home 3D.
- Added a Java Web Start version able to display the user interface of Sweet Home 3D at a twice larger size for users with HiDPI screens under Windows and Linux.
- Added samplerAlgorithm and filter properties to the renderer properties that can be set for Sunflow.
- Fixed a bug that could enlarge uselessly the size of a SH3D file when the texture of a material was set to its default value or reused on an other object.
- Ensured walls created by Plan > Split wall menu item are at the same level as the split wall.
- Replaced visual properties set on a Home instance with simple String properties (developers are encouraged to replace calls to the deprecated getVisualProperty and setVisualProperty on a Home instance, by calls to getProperty and setProperty, because future file format might not save visual properties anymore).
- New icon and logo designed by madudesign.
- Modified installer program to delete old JREs at the end of installation process under Windows.
- Updated the digital signature used to signed the application with a SHA-2 signature.
- Replaced JRE 8u60 by JRE 8u74 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java under Windows.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
Homepage – http://www.sweethome3d.eu
Size: 47.7 MB
Download Sweet Home 3D for Windows
Download Sweet Home 3D Portable
Download Sweet Home 3D for Linux 32-bit
Download Sweet Home 3D for Linux 64-bit
Download Sweet Home 3D for Mac OS X