Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview.
This program is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. The user may draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan, change the color or the texture of the walls, draw dimensions, drag and drop furniture in the plan from a catalog organized by categories (living room, kitchen).
You can import additional 3D models created by himself or downloaded from different Web sites, change the size, the orientation and the elevation of each piece of furniture with the mouse.
Sweet Home 3D allows you to view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point, print the home plan and the 3D view. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D Features:
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 25 languages.
Sweet Home 3D may run on Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.11, Linux and Solaris.
Changes in Sweet Home 3D 5.3 :
- Ensured that the selected items are visible in the plan after using Zoom in or Zoom out tools.
- Changed how textures on borders of room floors are displayed so they never look distorted.
- Displayed walls with half transparent pattern while drawing them or while placing doors and windows, when a background image is used.
- Initialized the scale and origin of background images imported at new levels with the values of the background image available at the closest level.
- Improved the mouse management of the virtual visitor in plan at small scales.
- Added a Home.xml entry validated by the DTD SweetHome3D.dtd to SH3D files, and added file association for future SH3X files.
- Added HomeObject super class to let developers manage their own properties on home objects.
- Copied texture image files at OBJ format export instead of generating new ones.
- Fixed the area computation of rooms drawn with a hole in their middle.
- Fixed blocking errors that happened for textured floors in the plan with Java 7/8 under Ubuntu.
- Fixed the color of menu items under Ubuntu and better drag and drop support under Linux using Java 8.
- Upgraded Java 3D version to 1.6.0 fcs/ JOGL 2.3.2 for Windows and Linux versions, and for the Mac OS X version run with Java 7/8.
- Displayed Java 3D version in About dialog box.
- Added Sweet Home 3D icon in installation folder under Linux.
- Replaced JRE 8u74 by JRE 8u51 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java under Windows.
- Replaced JRE 6u45 by JRE 8u112 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java under Linux.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
Homepage – http://www.sweethome3d.eu
Size: 40.8 MB
Download Sweet Home 3D for Windows
Download Sweet Home 3D Portable
Download Sweet Home 3D for Linux 32-bit
Download Sweet Home 3D for Linux 64-bit
Download Sweet Home 3D for Mac OS X