Deluge is a lightweight, full-featured, free cross-platform BitTorrent client for Windows, Linux, OS X and Unix. It uses libtorrent in its backend and features multiple user-interfaces including: GTK+, web and console.
Deluge has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.
The application features a rich plugin collection. Actually, most of Deluge’s functionality is available in the form of plugins.
Deluge was created with the intention of being lightweight and unobtrusive. The downloading shouldn’t be the primary task on your computer and therefore shouldn’t monopolize system resources.
The application is not designed for any one desktop environment and will work just fine in GNOME, KDE, XFCE and others. It is free program and is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Core/UI split allowing Deluge to run as a daemon
- Connect remotely to the Deluge daemon
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT
- Local Peer Discovery (aka LSD)
- FAST protocol extension
- µTorrent Peer Exchange
- Private Torrents
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Web seed
- Global and per-torrent speed limits
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Password protection
- RSS (via Plugin)
- Proxy support
- Web UI
- Console UI
- GTK+ UI
- Other libtorrent features
- And much more!
Changes in Deluge 1.3.13 (2016):
- Increase RSA key size from 1024 to 2048 and use SHA256 digest.
- Fixed empty error message from certain trackers.
- Fixed torrent ending up displaying the wrong state.
- Force a torrent into Error state if the resume data is rejected.
- Workaround unwanted tracker announce when force rechecking paused torrent. Stop moving torrent files if target files exist to prevent unintended clobbering of data.
- Fixed the pausing and resuming of the Deluge session so torrents return to previous state.
- Add support for TLS SNI in httpdownloader.
- Ensure base32 magnet hash is uppercase to fix lowercase magnets uris.
- New command-line option to restict selected config key to read-only.
- Allow use of uppercase log level to match UIs.
- Fixed error with blank lines in auth file.
- Fixed installing plugin from a non-ascii directory.
- Error’d torrents no longer display a progress percentage.
- Fixed the ‘Added’ column showing the wrong date.
- Prevent the user from changing tracker selection when editing trackers.
- Fixed showing the wrong connected status with hostname in the Connection Manager.
- Fixed the progress column to sort by progress and state correctly.
- Fixed incorrect Move Completed folder shown in Options tab.
- Sorting for name column is now case insensitive.
- Reduce height of Add Torrent Dialog to help with smaller screeen resoltuions.
- OSX: Fixed empty scrolling status (systray) menu.
- OSX: Fixed starting deluged from connection manager.
- Windows OS: Fixed opening non-ascii torrent files.
- Fixed adding UDP trackers to trackers dialog.
- ixed HTTPS negotiating incorrect cipher.
- Fixed the broken Options context menu.
- Fixed the hostlist config file not being created.
- Fixed plugin’s js code not loading when using the WebUI plugin.
- Fixed adding non-ascii torrent in non-interactive mode.
- Add time_added to info sort keys.
- Fixed ‘add’ cmd path inconsistency on Windows.
- Source .py files no longer included in Deluge.app.
Windows OS Packaging
- Updated MSVC SP1 check to latest release CLID.
- Fixed plugin lockup with empty url.
- Fixed corrupt plugin prefences page on OSX.
- Fixed error accidentally introduced in 1.3.12.
- Fixed the popup to show the actual count of files finished.
- Fixed issue with SMTP port entry not updating in GTKUI.
- Fixed watch dir not accepting uppercase file extension.
- Ignore the remaining rar part files to prevent spawning useless processes.
- Fixed only an empty folder when extracting rar files.
- Windows OS: Escape ampersand in torrent args.
Size: 15.2 MB