qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
The user interface is similar to the one of the official BitTorrent client: µTorrent. This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux.
qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez. Its main features are its integrated search engine (allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion).
Its support for l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain) prioritizing, remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 3.3.12:
- FEATURE: Indicate bitness in stackstrace and about dialog.
- BUGFIX: Fix incomplete type compile error with Qt4
- BUGFIX: Fix compile error: ‘escape’ is not a member of ‘Qt’
- BUGFIX: Use system locale to format dates/time/etc
- BUGFIX: Follow http user-agent format
- BUGFIX: Fix cancel “Set location” causes files move to installation dir.
- WEBUI: Improve performance of updating ‘progress’ column
- WEBUI: Implement statistics window in web UI
- WEBUI: fixed “remaining” column in WebUI
- WEBUI: Set HttpOnly attribute to SID cookie
- WEBUI: Fire up the timer to clean inactive sessions
- WEBUI: Set cookie SID value to empty on logout
- WINDOWS: Make the installer DPI aware
- WINDOWS: Set exit code to 0 on install/uninstall success. Fixes problem with silent installations.
- WINDOWS: The 64-bit installer refuses to install on 32-bit systems.
- WINDOWS: The 64-bit installer uses the correct “Program Files” now. Detection will not work if you install on top of previous installer.
- WINDOWS: Fix running the uninstaller if the user chose a different path in the installer.
- LINUX: Add keywords to the .desktop file.
- LINUX: Update stuff in appdata.xml and run ‘appstream-utl upgrade’ on it.
- OTHER: Replace rand() by a true uniform distribution generator
- OTHER: Change our user-agent format as indicated earlier in the news section
- OTHER: cmake: fix OSX bundle creation
Size: 16.1 MB