qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
The user interface is similar to the one of the official BitTorrent client: µTorrent. This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux.
qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez. Its main features are its integrated search engine (allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion).
Its support for l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain) prioritizing, remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 3.3.16:
- BUGFIX: Better memory footprint when using libtorrent 1.1.x. The cache is turned off by default(0 (disabled) value in the settings). The value -1 (auto) makes it use 1/8 of your RAM.
- BUGFIX: Skip user input events when adding torrent.
- BUGFIX: Avoid memory leak in the speed graph.
- WEBUI: Fix validating wrong header field. X-Forwarded-Host is a foreign proxy setting, it isn’t the same as qbt’s local setting and thus it makes no sense to verify it.
- WINDOWS: Fix connection problems when a specific interface/ip is configured.
- WINDOWS: Disable skipping of loopback interfaces. This fixes the absence of VPN tunnel interfaces under Windows and works around the QTBUG-32349.
- WINDOWS: The installer detects the 64bit running process too.
Size: 15.8 MB