qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
The user interface is similar to the one of the official BitTorrent client: µTorrent. This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux.
qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez. Its main features are its integrated search engine (allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion).
Its support for l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain) prioritizing, remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in version 3.3.7:
- FEATURE: Delete torrent+files with Shift+Delete
- BUGFIX: Fix 6-hour speedplot point push rate.
- BUGFIX: Avoid spawning a new explorer.exe process when selecting “Open containing folder”.
- BUGFIX: Fix loading of new geoip db due to an artificial size limit.
- BUGFIX: Better error handling and logging with smtp communication.
- SEARCH: Remove KickassTorrents search engine
- SEARCH: Remove BTDigg search engine
- SEARCH: Update Torrentz search engine
Size: 15.7 MB
Download qBittorrent 3.3.7 for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Download qBittorrent 2.9.11 for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7