Mozilla Thunderbird 52 is a fully featured, very functional, secure email client and RSS feed reader, created by Mozilla. It offers a pretty and streamlined interface to a very powerful email package.
Furthermore, it lets you handle mail efficiently and with style, and Thunderbird filters away junk mail too.
It is a sophisticated and very well integrated Bayesian spam filter knocks out most junk mail (after some training). Combine these two aspects, and you get a sensible feature that automatically sanitizes (potentially dangerous) HTML code.
Also turns off remote images for spam or anything else – worms, viruses – you classify as bad mail. Though not perfect, a scam sensor detects tactics commonly used to fool users.
Flexible views, free-form tags and powerful filters, search and virtual folders (which also work fine with IMAP accounts and across email accounts) make it a snap to handle large amounts of mail. The integrated RSS feed reader extends these abilities to news.
Thunderbird 52, as a messaging system, is uniquely positioned as the tool that users can use to integrate as many of their communications as they want. It is a powerful yet enjoyable tool to help individuals manage their online interactions.
Whether that’s email, instant messaging, social networking messages, or other types of message. Moreover, Thunderbird combines an open architecture, a powerful extensibility and customization framework. Also a person-centric perspective on communications.
Mozilla Thunderbird Features:
- Manages multiple POP and IMAP email accounts and reads RSS feeds.
- A junk mail filter using Bayesian statistics can spam automatically.
- Mail views, free-form message tags and flexible filters let you organize and prioritize good mail easily.
- Searches can be saved to virtual folders that automatically aggregate relevant mail in Thunderbird.
- Offers rich, but security and privacy conscious HTML formatting support.
- The program detects common scam tactics and automatically sanitize the mail classified as junk
- S/MIME support lets you encrypt and sign mail (OpenPGP plug-in available).
- You can run Mozilla Thunderbird from a removable medium such as USB stick.
- Many extensions allow to expand more the feature set or improve usability.
- Supports Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
What’s New in Thunderbird 52.4.0
Size: 38.6 MB