Slackware Linux is a complete 32-bit and 64-bit multitasking “UNIX-like” system. It contains an easy to use installation program, extensive online documentation, and a menu-driven package system.
A full installation gives you the X Window System, C/C++ development environments, Perl, networking utilities, a mail server, a news server, a web server, an ftp server, the GNU Image Manipulation Program, Mozilla Firefox, plus many more programs.
A full range of development tools, editors, and current libraries are also included for users who wish to develop or compile additional software. The Slackware philosophy demands ease of use, ease of administration, and open development.
Originally developed by Linus Torvalds in 1991, the UNIX-like Linux operating system now benefits from the contributions of millions of users and developers around the world.
Slackware Linux provides new and experienced users alike with a fully-featured system, equipped to serve in any capacity from desktop workstation to machine-room server. Web, ftp, and email servers are ready to go out of the box, as are a wide selection of popular desktop environments. A full range of development tools, editors, and current libraries is included for users who wish to develop or compile additional software.
Advanced features of Slackware Linux 14.2:
- Runs the 4.4.14 version of the Linux kernel from ftp.kernel.org. System binaries are linked with the GNU C Library, version 2.23.
- X11 based on the X.Org Foundation’s modular X Window System. This is X11R7.7 with many improvements in terms of performance and hardware support.
- Installs gcc-5.3.0 as the default C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran-77/95/2003/2008, and Ada 95/2005/2012 compiler.
- Also includes LLVM and Clang, an alternate compiler for C, C++, Objective-C and Objective-C++.
- The x86_64 version of Slackware 14.2 supports installation and bootingon machines using UEFI firmware.
- Support for NetworkManager for simple configuration of wired and wireless network connections, including mobile broadband, IPv6, VPN, and more. Roam seamlessly between known networks, and quickly set up new connections.
- Support for fully encrypted network connections with OpenSSL, OpenSSH, OpenVPN, and GnuPG.
- Apache (httpd) 2.4.20 web server with Dynamic Shared Object support, SSL, and PHP 5.6.23.
- USB2, USB3, IEEE 1394 (FireWire), and ACPI support. As well as legacy PCMCIA and Cardbus support. This makes Slackware a great operating system for your laptop.
- New development tools, including Perl 5.22.2, Python 2.7.11, Ruby 2.2.5, Subversion 1.9.4, git-2.9.0, mercurial-3.8.2, graphical tools like Qt designer and KDevelop, and much more.
- Web browsers galore! Includes KDE’s Konqueror 4.14.13, SeaMonkey 2.40 (this is the replacement for the Mozilla Suite), Firefox ESR 45.2.0, as well as the Thunderbird 45.1.1 email and news client with advanced junk mail filtering.
- The KDE Software Compilation 4.14.21 (KDE 4.14.3 with kdelibs-4.14.21), a complete desktop environment. This includes the Calligra productivity suite (previously known as KOffice), networking tools, GUI development with KDevelop, multimedia tools (including the Amarok music player and K3B disc burning software), the Konqueror web browser and file manager, dozens of games and utilities, international language support, and more.
- A collection of GTK+ based applications including pidgin-2.10.12, gimp-2.8.16, gkrellm-2.3.7, hexchat-2.12.1, xsane-0.999, and pan-0.139.
- A repository of extra software packages compiled and ready to run in the /extra directory.
Slackware Linux 14.2 Release Notes
Homepage – http://www.slackware.com
Size: 2.58 GB
Download Slackware Linux 14.2 [ISO]
Download Slackware Linux 14.1 [ISO]
Torrents for Slackware Linux 14.2