Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use universal Tag Editor that allows to edit metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library. Besides these features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in Mp3tag 2.82 (2017):
- NEW: added reading of WavPack version.
- CHG: removed associate tag from Amazon.de web sources.
- CHG: updated Vorbis to version 1.3.5.
- CHG: updated Ogg to version 1.3.2.
- CHG: updated FLAC to version 1.3.2.
- CHG: updated zlib to version 1.2.11.
- CHG: updated Opus to version 1.1.4 and Opusfile to 0.7.
- CHG: updated WavPack to version 5.1.0.
- FIX: mp4 atoms with errorneous data size descriptors were not detected.
- FIX: after closing the filter window via the x symbol, focus was still on the now invisible filter window.
- FIX: auto-numbering wizard did not consider track-number offset when determining amount of leading zeros.
- FIX: removed text-length limitation from track number field at tag panel.
- FIX: some actions allowed to create empty tag fields for certain tag formats.
- FIX: unicode characters in filenames where not supported when exporting configuration to zip file.
- FIX: scripting functions $meta(x), $meta(x,n) and $meta_sep(x,sep) did not create matches in square bracket notion.
- FIX: removed DATE from list of default tag field names.
- FIX: renaming directories via action ‘Format value’ also affected files where the folder path contained the renamed directory string.
- FIX: preserving the file modification date on write operations resulted in an 1h offset of the file creation date if daylight saving time status was different.
- FIX: installer did not default to English for unsupported languages.
Size: 3.12 MB
Download ‹ Mp3tag 2.82 Free
Download ‹ Mp3tag 9.0 Build 556 Pro