MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems. It plays most MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs.
You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5, WMV and even H.264 movies. Another great feature of MPlayer is the wide range of supported output drivers. It works with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL, SVGAlib, fbdev, AAlib, DirectFB, but you can use GGI, SDL (and this way all their drivers), VESA (on every VESA compatible card, even without X11!) and some low level card-specific drivers (for Matrox, 3Dfx and ATI), too! Most of them support software or hardware scaling, so you can enjoy movies in fullscreen.
MPlayer supports displaying through some hardware MPEG decoder boards, such as the Siemens DVB, DXR2 and DXR3/ Hollywood+.
MPlayer has an onscreen display (OSD) for status information, nice big antialiased shaded subtitles and visual feedback for keyboard controls. European/ISO 8859-1,2 (Hungarian, English, Czech, etc), Cyrillic and Korean fonts are supported along with 12 subtitle formats (MicroDVD, SubRip, OGM, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub, PJS and our own: MPsub). DVD subtitles (SPU streams, VOBsub and Closed Captions) are supported as well.
For maximum performance the package includes optimized MPlayer binaries for various CPU types. Furthermore the Full-Package includes the Binary Codec Package to enable even more audio/video formats. The Light-Package is a stripped-down version of this package, that includes MPUI and the MPlayer binaries only.
MPlayer Key features are:
- Multithreaded H264, MPEG-2 Decoder (ffmpeg-mt).
- Support DirectShow Demuxer and Decoder.
- Fully compatible with CoreAVC Decoder.
- PMP Demuxer for PSP media file.
- Better compatibility with TS, TP, HDTV.
- Skin and Windows Native Theme Support.
- Support Winamp’s DSP plugins.
- Native Playlist and Video Equalizer Window.
- MEditor2 (MPlayer Preference) Graphic Setting Program.
- Direct3D and OpenGL Video Output.
- Auto Play Next file and so on (thinks for KK’s patch)
Changes in MPlayer 2016-05-04 Build 134:
- Binaries updated to SVN-r37853
- SMPlayer updated to version v16.4.0 (SVN-r7558)
- OpenSSL libraries updated to v1.0.2-h
Homepage – http://muldersoft.com/#mplayer
Size: 42.6 MB