Avidemux is a freeware, open-source video editor designed for multi-purpose video editing, converting, simple cutting, resizing, filtering and encoding tasks.
It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux enables you to edit most video files by your requirements to make them play on any selected device. Multi-threading is supported! The graphical user interface of Avidemux looks pretty similar to VirtualDub.
The most features known from VirtualDub are available too and natively supports a great file types, such as AVI, MKV, MPEG, VOB, MP4, TS, ASF, OGM and FLV.
Avidemux can be used on almost all known operating systems and computer platforms. It is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
Avidemux cannot open raw MPEG streams. Instead, it can open indexed MPEG streams. The index is a text file containing navigation information. It is needed to allow frame accuracy.
As for MPEG streams, a NuppelVideo file has no internal index. Avidemux will rebuild it automatically upon loading (that could take some minutes).
Avidemux can also open a stream of uncompressed BMP files (RGB) or a set of JPEG files or a set of PNG files.
The latest version of Avidemux can usually decode the WMV/ASF containers, there are occasionally some files that still have problems with opening or playing. If you have that problem, then you can try to place the WMV contents into an AVI container.
Supported input formats: AVI, OpenDML, MPEG, ASF, NuppelVideo, H.263, MPEG-4, QuickTime, 3GP, MP4, OGM, Matroska, Flash Video.
Supported output formats: AVI, unp. VOP, AVI dual audio, MPEG video, MPEG PS A+V, MPEG TS A+V, OGM, MP4, Matroska, Flash Video.
The following formats support multi-audio output: *AVI, MP4, OGM.
Changes in Avidemux 2.6.14 :
- A lot more is now translatable (D. Amm)
- Hungarian translation (rezso)
- German translation update (euma)
- French translation update
- PT/BR translation partially fixed
- Dannish translation update (scootergrisen)
- Qtx : Automatically check if a new version is available once a day
- WIN32 : Reverted to MXE cross compiler, XP now works again
- OSX : Fixed the packager, it should work every time now (no more borked dmg)
- Decoding : Deal with corrupted stream in a nicer way (H264/TS)
- Decoding : Enable lagarith
- Decoding : Support for flac through libavcodec
- VDPAU : Try harder to release resources at exit
- Demuxer : Image loader improved and cleaned up, more jpeg formats are supported
- Editor : Try to deal better with corrupted audio in copy mode
- TS : Add support for new EAC3 identifier such as the ones used by numericable / DVB-T
- Encoder : Fix most of the libavcodec based encoders
Homepage – http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/
Size: 23.8 MB