Avidemux is a freeware, open-source video editor designed for multi-purpose video editing, converting, simple cutting, resizing, filtering and encoding tasks.
It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux enables you to edit most video files by your requirements to make them play on any selected device. Multi-threading is supported! The graphical user interface of Avidemux looks pretty similar to VirtualDub.
The most features known from VirtualDub are available too and natively supports a great file types, such as AVI, MKV, MPEG, VOB, MP4, TS, ASF, OGM and FLV.
Avidemux can be used on almost all known operating systems and computer platforms. It is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
Avidemux cannot open raw MPEG streams. Instead, it can open indexed MPEG streams. The index is a text file containing navigation information. It is needed to allow frame accuracy.
As for MPEG streams, a NuppelVideo file has no internal index. Avidemux will rebuild it automatically upon loading (that could take some minutes).
Avidemux can also open a stream of uncompressed BMP files (RGB) or a set of JPEG files or a set of PNG files.
The latest version of Avidemux can usually decode the WMV/ASF containers, there are occasionally some files that still have problems with opening or playing. If you have that problem, then you can try to place the WMV contents into an AVI container.
Supported input formats: AVI, OpenDML, MPEG, ASF, NuppelVideo, H.263, MPEG-4, QuickTime, 3GP, MP4, OGM, Matroska, Flash Video.
Supported output formats: AVI, unp. VOP, AVI dual audio, MPEG video, MPEG PS A+V, MPEG TS A+V, OGM, MP4, Matroska, Flash Video.
The following formats support multi-audio output: *AVI, MP4, OGM.
Changes in Avidemux 2.6.15 :
- Hw Accel : Fixed nvEnc and added simple nvEnc-HEVC (windows/linux)
- Hw Accel : Added support for HEVC/VC1 with libVA (linux)
- Hw Accel : Experimental Dxva2 video decoder + Dxva2/D3D display engine (windows)
- Demux : Mpeg TS, fix non multiple of 16 file management (euma)
- Audio/win32 : Fixed CPU consumption when playing audio
- Editor : Fixed copy /paste /delete /undo (euma)
- Editor : A *lot* of seeking bugs fixed (euma)
- Editor : A *lot* of marker management bugs fixed (euma)
- Audio : Added FDK-AAC as encoder
- x26* : Added a “None” preset
- x265 : Fixed 2 pass encoding on windows
- i18n : Qt4 vs Qt5 language fix (D. Amm)
- i18n : German translation updated (euma)
- UI : Added reload default settings (euma)
- UI : Allow minimizing to tray while encoding (euma)
- OSX : Update to Sierra
Size: 25.1 MB