Avidemux is a freeware, open-source video editor designed for multi-purpose video editing, converting, simple cutting, resizing, filtering and encoding tasks.
It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux enables you to edit most video files by your requirements to make them play on any selected device. Multi-threading is supported! The graphical user interface of Avidemux looks pretty similar to VirtualDub.
The most features known from VirtualDub are available too and natively supports a great file types, such as AVI, MKV, MPEG, VOB, MP4, TS, ASF, OGM and FLV.
Avidemux can be used on almost all known operating systems and computer platforms. It is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
Avidemux cannot open raw MPEG streams. Instead, it can open indexed MPEG streams. The index is a text file containing navigation information. It is needed to allow frame accuracy.
As for MPEG streams, a NuppelVideo file has no internal index. Avidemux will rebuild it automatically upon loading (that could take some minutes).
Avidemux can also open a stream of uncompressed BMP files (RGB) or a set of JPEG files or a set of PNG files.
The latest version of Avidemux can usually decode the WMV/ASF containers, there are occasionally some files that still have problems with opening or playing. If you have that problem, then you can try to place the WMV contents into an AVI container.
Supported input formats: AVI, OpenDML, MPEG, ASF, NuppelVideo, H.263, MPEG-4, QuickTime, 3GP, MP4, OGM, Matroska, Flash Video.
Supported output formats: AVI, unp. VOP, AVI dual audio, MPEG video, MPEG PS A+V, MPEG TS A+V, OGM, MP4, Matroska, Flash Video.
The following formats support multi-audio output: *AVI, MP4, OGM.
Changes in version 2.6.19:
- General UI polish, better support for HEVC in mpeg TS
- Filter : All filters with preview have better navigation dialogs
- Filter : Delogo filter UI redone
- Filter : Fixed changeFps/resampleFps seeking
- TS/Demux : HEVC support improved
- Flv/Demux : Support large files
- Audio : Allow EAC3 as external audio track
- UI : General usability cleanup
- UI : Allow using the last read folder as default save folder
- UI : 2 pass encoding dialog cleanup
- UI : Dynamically enable/disable menu
- UI : Customizable keyboard shortcut
- UI : Allow reverting page up/down
- Codec : Better support for 10bits
- i18n : Russian translation updated
- i18n : Greek translation updated
- i18n : General cleanup
- Updated ffmpeg libs to 3.0.7
Size: 25.2 MB