Avidemux is a freeware, open-source video editor designed for multi-purpose video editing, converting, simple cutting, resizing, filtering and encoding tasks.
It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux enables you to edit most video files by your requirements to make them play on any selected device. Multi-threading is supported! The graphical user interface of Avidemux looks pretty similar to VirtualDub.
The most features known from VirtualDub are available too and natively supports a great file types, such as AVI, MKV, MPEG, VOB, MP4, TS, ASF, OGM and FLV.
Avidemux can be used on almost all known operating systems and computer platforms. It is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
Avidemux cannot open raw MPEG streams. Instead, it can open indexed MPEG streams. The index is a text file containing navigation information. It is needed to allow frame accuracy.
As for MPEG streams, a NuppelVideo file has no internal index. Avidemux will rebuild it automatically upon loading (that could take some minutes).
Avidemux can also open a stream of uncompressed BMP files (RGB) or a set of JPEG files or a set of PNG files.
The latest version of Avidemux can usually decode the WMV/ASF containers, there are occasionally some files that still have problems with opening or playing. If you have that problem, then you can try to place the WMV contents into an AVI container.
Supported input formats: AVI, OpenDML, MPEG, ASF, NuppelVideo, H.263, MPEG-4, QuickTime, 3GP, MP4, OGM, Matroska, Flash Video.
Supported output formats: AVI, unp. VOP, AVI dual audio, MPEG video, MPEG PS A+V, MPEG TS A+V, OGM, MP4, Matroska, Flash Video.
The following formats support multi-audio output: *AVI, MP4, OGM.
Changes in Avidemux 2.7.0 :
- Core: FFmpeg switched to the 3.3.x branch
- Editing: Fixed frame computation bug that led to bad cutting (euma)
- i18n: Korean translation (sheppaul)
- win32: Put log files into the local folder (achim71)
- Jobs: Fix name of the executable search UI:Steplessly zoom paused video when the window is resized (euma)
- UI: Added Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy the current PTS to clipboard (euma) Filter:eq2: UI improvements (euma)
- Decoding: Fix VP9 decoding Filter:Using rubber bands for crop too (me+euma)
- Build: Redone packaging on macOS
- Decoding: HEVC decoding via DXVA2 blacklisted on win32, active on win64
- New Filter: ADM ivtc Audio:Distinguish between AC3 and EAC3 when importing
Size: 21.7 MB