Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.5 :
- Add new languages support: ASN.1, AviSynth, Blitz Basic, Csound, Erlang, escript, Forth, FreeBASIC, LaTeX, MMIX, Nimrod, nnCron, OScript, PureBasic, Rebol, registry, Rust, SPICE, txt2tags
- Add “Open file in its default viewer” command.
- Add “-quickPrint” command line argument: Launch Notepad++, print document and exit.
- Add /noUpdater argument for installer to not install updater (useful in silent mode).
- Add new installer argument /allowAppDataPluginsLoading.
- Roll back to 1 “Find next” button in Find/Replace dialog, due to the inconsistence after removal of direction option.
- Enhancement: empty fields “Replace with” and “Filters” of Find/Replace dialog are remembered in the next session.
- Fix text selection in combo boxes of find/replace dialog problem on resizing.
- Fix the issue of passing non-exist folder via command line without any warning.
- Fix multi-line tab button remaining pushed issue while switching off.
- Fix TAB key wired behavior on find/replace dialog’s transparency radio button.
- Fix click on tab without hitting close button but close file issue.
- Fix Notepad++ modifying command line arguments issue (command line arguments could be visualized by system tools).
- Fix file not dirty while its content changed on the hard drive.
Fix saved duplicated file in the same view issue.
- Fix “Folder as Workspace” toolbar button not activated after dropping folder issue.
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.1
Size: 2.75 MB