Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.5.1 :
- Fix some excluded language cannot be remembered bug.
- Fix a localization regression bug.
- Fix the bug that Notepad++ create “%APPDATA%\local\notepad++” folder in local conf mode.
- Add Visual Prolog language support.
- Add auto-completion support for batch file (*.bat).
- Enhance Shortcut Mapper by adding category column.
- Make double click work for language menu disabling/enabling in preferences dialog.
- Make double click work to improve file extension movement in Preferences dialog.
- Fix bug: language menu item is restored back on the wrong zone.
- Add a spiritual quote.
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.1
Size: 2.75 MB