Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the Microsoft Windows environment. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user’s own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting.
You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports full drag and drop. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 7.4.2:
- Add SWIFT language support
- Fix replace in files regression.
- Enhance Find Replace dialog (resiable & remove search direction radio button).
- Fix a crash issue while doing a column insertion on a CJK unicode document.
- Fix repeated notification dialog for modification from outside of Notepad++.
- Fix a visual glitchy during tab drag and drop.
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Plugin Manager 1.3.5 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.1
Size: 2.91 MB