KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms. This program supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithm to encrypt its password databases. Both of these ciphers are regarded as being very secure. AES e.g. became effective as a U.S. Federal government standard and is approved by the National Security Agency (NSA) for top secret information.
A password database consists of only one file that can be transferred from one computer to another easily.
KeePass uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes like Password Keeper and Password Agent. Exports from these programs can be easily imported to your Kee Pass databases. The password list can be exported to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML and CSV.
KeePass is portable: it can be carried on an USB stick and runs on Windows systems without being installed.
KeePass All Features:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in KeePass 2.34 Professional:
- The version information file (which the optional update check downloads to see if there exists a newer version) is now digitally signed (using RSA-4096 / SHA-512); furthermore, it is downloaded over HTTPS.
- Added option ‘Lock workspace when minimizing main window to tray’.
- Added option ‘Esc minimizes to tray instead of locking the workspace’.
- Added Ctrl+Q shortcut for closing KeePass (as alternative to Alt+F4).
- Added UIFlags bit for disabling the ‘Check for Updates’ menu item.
- The installers (regular and MSI) now create an empty ‘Plugins’ folder in the application directory, and the portable package now also contains such a folder.
- Plugins: added support for digitally signed version information files.
- Plugins are now loaded only directly from the application directory and from any subdirectory of the ‘Plugins’ folder in the application directory.
- Improved startup performance (by filtering plugin candidates).
- When closing a database, KeePass now searches and deletes any temporary files that may have been created and forgotten by MSHTML when printing failed.
- CHM help file: improved high DPI support.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
Size: 2.93 MB
Download KeePass 2.34 Professional Edition (Installer EXE for Windows)
Download KeePass 2.34 Professional Portable (ZIP Package)
Download KeePass 1.31 Classic Edition (Installer EXE for Windows)
Download KeePass 1.31 Classic Portable (ZIP Package)