O&O ShutUp10 is a small free antispy tool for Windows 10 to protect privacy.
That means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far.
Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.
O&O ShutUp10 presents you with all important settings in one location – you need no previous IT knowledge and there is no need to manually change the Windows 10 system settings.
Decide for yourself how important your “comfort” is when weighed up with your privacy and how to protect it. O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC.
And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!
- Adapt your security settings
- Protect your privacy
- Control location services
- Control Windows Updates
- Do not pass on your user data and diagnostics
Windows 10 wants to give users the easiest possible daily experience and in doing so very rarely forces you to actually read and confirm a security notice. Unfortunately, this simplified approach from Microsoft means much more data is passed onto them than many users would like.
Microsoft uses most data to display personalized information to you that is aimed at making your computer life easier. As an example, Windows 10 can remind you to set off to the airport 30 minutes earlier due to traffic en route. In order to deliver this information to you, however, Windows 10 has to access your calendar entries, your mails (i.e. the airline confirmation email), your location and it has to have access to the internet to get traffic news.
Some services protocol your entire keyboard entries, share your WLAN access data with your Facebook contacts or connect your computer without asking permission to a public – and potentially unprotected – network. While this means that you and your contacts do not have to grapple with complicated WLAN passwords, it also poses a significant security risk.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10.
Changes in O&O ShutUp10 1.5.1389.1:
- Extensions and customization for Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 (Build 15063)
- Tracking of app starts
- Policy for apps to access emails
- Policy for apps to access contacts
- Policy for apps to access tasks
- Policy for apps to access call history
- Policy for apps to access messages
- Extension of feedback & diagnostic settings
- Running apps in the background
- Disable advertising via Bluetooth
Portability of application improved:
- Settings are no longer saved in the registry but in an INI file
- It will be created automatically in the working directory of the application
- It can be used across computer boundaries by multiple users
- Disabling driver updates corrected
- Factory settings revised
- Available in English, German, French, Italian and Russian
Homepage – http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
Size: 681 KB
Download ‹ О&O ShutUp10