Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall.
Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click. It is free to use, registered users will get the advantage of learning mode which provides notifications for outgoing blocked connections. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click.
Low Filtering – Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
Medium Filtering – Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
High Filtering – All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
No Filtering – Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
Windows Firewall Control Features:
- Just one small executable file. All features are packed in the same file.
- Full support for executing tasks from standard user accounts.
- Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray.
- Allow or block a program to connect to the internet with just one mouse click.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Search for invalid rules with the possibility to delete them.
- Quick access to edit Windows Firewall rules directly from the program interface.
- Choose if you want the program to start at user logon.
- Import and export the policy of the program.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- Check for a new version from the program interface.
- And many more… Just give it a try.
Windows Firewall Control Registered Users Features:
- Learning Mode which provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
- Search for executable files in a user defined folder and create new rules for the selected ones from the result list.
System Requirements of Windows Firewall Control:
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5
- Compatible with all x86 and x64 versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, 2012.
- Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run.
- DNS Client service is required to be enabled for the notifications to work properly.
Changes in Windows Firewall Control 126.96.36.199 :
- Improved: Added tooltips and color indicators in the activation dialog to make the
- Activation process more intuitive.
- Fixed: Removing hundreds of rules at once in Rules Panel makes the window unresponsive
- Until the action is actually finished.
- Fixed: There is no progress indication in Rules Panel for long running tasks, like
- When importing a large partial policy file or when creating duplicate rules for multiple
- Rules at once.
- Fixed: The confirmation dialog which is displayed when “Blocked connections” check
- Box is unchecked in Connections Log is not displayed in the center of Connections Log
- But in the center of Rules Panel.
- Fixed: When the program is locked, depending on where the mouse pointer is placed
- Over the unlock button, the tooltip still displays “Lock…” instead of “Unlock…”.
- Fixed: The Local Addresses combo box from the Properties dialog should not contain
- Any tooltip since this field does not support special keywords.
Size: 2.13 MB
Download Windows Firewall Control 188.8.131.52