PeaZip 6 is an archive manager, that allows to apply powerful multiple search filters to archive’s content; create and extract multiple archives at once; create self-extracting archives; export job definition as command line; save archive’s layouts; bookmark archives and folders; scan and open with custom apps compressed and uncompressed files etc…
Other features: strong encryption, robust file copy, split/join files (file span), secure data deletion, compare, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and keyfiles.
PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager: cross platform, available as portable and installable software for 32 and 64 bit Windows and Linux (PeaZip is a desktop neutral application).
PeaZip is freeware, free of charge for any use, and is also free as in freedom since it’s Open Source (LGPLv3). PeaZip is also available as standalone, portable application not needing installation.
- Full support (read and write): 7z, FreeArc’s arc/wrc, sfx (7z and arc), bz2, gz, paq/lpaq/zpaq, pea, quad/balz, split, tar, upx, zip
- Read only (browse, extract, test): 7z, apk, bz, bz2, bzip2, tbz2, tbz, gz, gzip, tgz, tpz, tar, zip, zipx, z01, smzip, arj, cab, chm, chi, chq, chw, hxs, hxi, hxr, hxq, hxw, lit, cpio, deb, lzh, lha, rar, r01, 00, rpm, z, taz, tz, iso, jar, ear, war, lha, pet, pup, pak, pk3, pk4, slp, [Content], xpi, wim, u3p, lzma86, lzma, udf, xar, dmg, hfs, part1, split, swm, tpz, kmz, xz, txz, vhd, mslz, apm, mbr, fat, ntfs, exe, dll, sys, msi, msp, ods, ots, odm, oth, oxt, odb, odf, odg, otg, odp, otp, odt, ott, gnm, doc, dot, xls, xlt, ppt, pps, pot, docx, dotx, xlsx, xltx, swf, flv, quad, balz, zpaq, paq8f, paq8jd, paq8l, paq8o, lpaq1, lpaq5, lpaq8, ace, arc, wrc, 001, pea, cbz, cbr, cba, cb7, cbt (and more…)
- Repair: FreeArc’s arc/wrc
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available. For archive creation, PeaZip suppors a wide range of compression and encryption standard, from fastes to most powerful ones, and allows to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console applications, and let the user pick the best of the two worlds.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z: 7-Zip AES256 encryption
- ZIP: WinZip AES256 AE encryption, and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility; can decrypt PKZip’s AES encryption
- ARC: FreeARC AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (150+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, hashing, find duplicate files, convert archives…), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion…).
Size: 6.44 MB
Download PeaZip installer for Windows (any)
Download PeaZip installer for Windows 64 bit
Download PeaZip Portable for Windows (any)
Download PeaZip Portable for Windows 64 bit
Download for Linux/BSD