FreeFileSync is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is optimized for highest performance and usability without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
FreeFileSync enables you to synchronize files between two folders or drives. You can either mirror two folders to create an exact copy of the source folder. Or perform a two-way synchronization that will copy new or updated files in both directions.
FreeFileSync has Unicode support and Network support. Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection. Also supports the multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration.
Full support for Windows Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points also is available. Furthermore, the program supports an Update mode which will only copy files that are new or have been changed.
FreeFileSync Key Features:
- Detection of moved and renamed files
- Copy locked files using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service. (Windows only)
- Support for multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
- Optimized performance, coded in C++ completely.
- Native 32 and 64 bit builds
- Transactional file copy
- Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection
- Full support for Windows/Linux Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points.
- Full unicode support.
- Full network support.
- Built-in support for very long filenames (more than MAX_PATH = 260 characters).
- Copy NTFS alternate data streams, compressed and encrypted file attributes
- Lean & easily accessible UI: only useful functionality, no feature bloat.
- Support for filesizes larger than 4 GB.
- Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
- Ignore directories “RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” with default filter. (Windows only)
- Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages for large sync-jobs.
- Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization.
- Automatically handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes.
- Portable version available (selectable via installer).
- Opt-in for automatic online update.
- Localized versions are available for many languages.
- Create recurring backups with macros %time%, %date% within directory names
- Copy file create/modification times when synchronizing.
- Advanced locking strategy to allow multiple synchronization processes (e.g. multiple writers, same network share).
- Case-sensitive synchronization of file, directory and symlink names
Changes in FreeFileSync 8.10 :
- Fully preserve case-sensitive file paths (Windows, macOS)
- Support SFTP connections to local hosts
- Warn if versioning folder is contained in a base folder
- Use natural string sorting algorithm for item lists
- Consider exclude filter settings for folder dependency checks
- Fixed file not found error on case-sensitive SFTP volume
- Fixed failure when creating MTP sub directories
- Fixed crash when loading database file during comparison
- Refactored UTF conversion routines
- Use pipe symbol as filter separator instead of semicolon
- Iterate over all matching SFTP connections available on a server (macOS)
- Reduced folder matching time by 12%, average memory use by 11%
- Added experimental FTP support
Size: 11.9 MB
Download ‹ FreeFileSync for All OS