MultiBootUSB 8 allows you to install multiple Live Linux on a USB disk non destructively and option to uninstall distros.
Try out the world’s first true cross platform multi boot live usb creator for free. No matter you work in Windows or Linux, MultiBootUSB will work in the same manner.
Bootable USB created in Windows should work in Linux and vice versa. It also reduces the development time significantly as the code base is same for Windows and Linux.
The program is a standalone from ground up. Which means that all necessary files and binary executables are included in the executable.
Users can write ISO images to USB disk. This is similar to Image Writer but cross platform. Simply download and double clicking on the executable should launch the program.
MultiBootUSB supports many distros and still counting. There is no pre-configured distro specific files included in Multi Boot USB. The configuration files are modified dynamically during installation so that user get the distro’s all available default boot options.
The entire code of MultiBootUSB is written in python. Python is a powerful dynamic programming language which is widely used in cross-platform application. The programming language use in famous software such as Dropbox is also used in Multi Boot USB.
GUI toolkit for MultiBootUSB has been carefully chosen as PyQt. PyQt is a Qt binding for python. MultiBootUSB make use of QtDesigner, a GUI form designer, for user interface so that we can code more. Qt is one of the most widely used GUI toolkit available in the filed today and looks native in all platform.
Syslinux is used as default boot loader for making your USB bootable. The selection of boot loader is carefully chosen as many distros uses isolinux or syslinux in their ISOs. MultiBootUSB ships with different verion of syslinux to reduce incompatibility and install exact distro specif syslinux.
MultiBootUSB is released under General Public Licence (GPL). Anybody can use, modify and redistribute if they wish. It is also build using the best of open source softwares from the world. Be it Python or Syslinux you get the best. Source code is always available to users to view.
Changes in MultiBootUSB 8.8.0:
- Fix for crash when listing fixed partition
- Simplified 7zip listing to include directories as well
- Correctly remove files installed outside multibootusb directory when uninstalling
- Added option to select zip files when choosing ISO files
- Added option to choose between two methods when syslinux shipped by ISO is version 3 or below
- Fix for trinity boot issue
- Updated README file
- Modified setup file for including grub2 modules in correct place
- Add python path so as to avoid import error under debian
- Fixed shipping of grub2 modules under correct directory (on Linux)
- Display version info only before launching the application
- Updated user guide
- Added FAQ section in the official site
- Reduced 7zip call when extracting files
- Improved usage info string of command line option (Thanks to Keshav Kini)
- Various code cleanup and removed redundancy codes
- Added RISING Antivirus CD
- Added INSERT ISO
- Added Liberte
- Added Alpine
- Added Trinity Rescue Disk
- Added AntiVirus Live CD (Calm AV)
- Added PC-Tools
- Various code cleanupsv
Size: 23.1 MB