phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. It supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface, while you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.
phpMyAdmin is also very deeply documented in a book written by one of developers. Mastering phpMyAdmin for Effective MySQL Management, which is available in English and Spanish.
phpMyAdmin translated into 72 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages.
phpMyAdmin is a 18 year old project with a stable and flexible code base. It has won several awards.
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
- maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL user accounts and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating graphics of your database layout in various formats
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- And much more…
Changes in phpMyAdmin 4.6.6 :
- Fix Notice regarding ‘Undefined index: old_usergroup’
- Fix Notice regarding ‘Undefined index: users’
- Fixed parsing of SQL with BINARY function
- ReCaptcha now works without allow_url_fopen
- Show no local storage warning only on settings tab
- Syntax Error in Adding/Changing TIMESTAMP columns with default value as NULL
- Edit/Export links are not clickable under Routines tab
- Fixed creating new user with older MariaDB
- Remove ctype installation suggestion
- Format button replaces all text with blank spaces
- Fixed database searching
- Add information about required and suggested extensions to composer.json
- Custom header shown twice with cookie login form
- Custom footer not shown with auth_type http login failure
- Improve documentation for servers running with Suhosin
- Updated embedded phpSecLib to 2.0.4
- Fixed various issues with PHP 7.1
- Fixed operation with lower_case_table_names=2
- Fixed stored procedure execution
- Honor user configured connection collation
- Correctly report OpenSSL errors from cookie encryption
- DateTime won’t allow to input length in Routine editor
- Fix Notice regarding ‘Undefined index: row_format’ when altering table options
- Fixed moving of columns with whitespace in name
- Fixed editing of virtual columns
- Changed WHERE condition to 0 instead of 1 for SQL query window to avoid accidents
- Use same query for display and execution when dropping index
- Fix check for user groups freatures being enabled
- Fix notices and warning related to dbs_to_test global
- Fix table formatting on Insert tab, which mostly affected row highlighting
- Reintroduced phpinfo page with limited capabilities
- Fix renaming tables with lower_case_table_names=2
- Fix possible PHP error in navigation
- Fix database search with newer php-gettext
- Fix linter error on unterminated variable name
- Fixed filtering for active processes
- Multiple vulnerabilities in setup script, see PMASA-2016-44.
- Open redirect, see PMASA-2017-1.
- [security] php-gettext code execution, see PMASA-2017-2.
- [security] DOS vulnerabiltiy in table editing, see PMASA-2017-3.
- [security] CSS injection in themes, see PMASA-2017-4.
- [security] Cookie attribute injection attack, see PMASA-2017-5.
- [security] SSRF in replication, see PMASA-2017-6.
- [security] DOS in replication status, see PMASA-2017-7.
Size: 10.8 MB