Mozilla Firefox 51 is a fast, secure and easy to use web browser that offers many advantages over other web browsers. This award-winning, open source web browser is packed with advanced security features designed to help you stay safe, and in control, online.
The optimized Firefox 51 lets you view Web pages way faster, using tabbed browsing, the ability to block pop-up windows and less of your computer’s memory. Also it allows you to synchronize your browsing across multiple devices. Access your bookmarks, history, passwords and more from any device to make Firefox your own wherever you use it.
Mozila Firefox 51 has the biggest number of ways to customize your online experience specifically for the way you use the web.
The Awesome Bar learns as you browse to make your Firefox unique. Find your bookmarks, history and tabs when you type in the address bar.
If you enjoy games, you can now play some of your favorites right on the Web without sacrificing speed or overall performance. Firefox is leading the charge in online gaming as part of our efforts to make every aspect of your browsing experience faster.
Firefox 51 designed to protect your privacy:
- Browse With Security. Whether it’s buying a gift, paying your bills or simply signing in to Facebook, it’s important keep your personal info out of the hands of any online bad guys who might be snooping around. Fortunately, Firefox is packed with advanced security features to help you stay safe.
- Do Not Track. A Firefox innovation, Do Not Track lets you indicate a preference about the way your personal info is collected and used online.
- Private browsing. Browse the web without saving information about the sites you visit. Turn this feature on to protect your browsing history from others.
- Forget Button. Remove browsing information from your computer after the fact. Use it when you’ve visited a site that you don’t want in your history.
Firefox 51 keeps you safe across the Web:
- Secure connections. Use instant Website ID to make sure a site is what it claims to be and to check if your connection to it is secure.
- World class protection. Anti-phishing and anti-malware features protect you from trojan horses and spyware and warn you about potentially fraudulent sites.
- Automatic security updates. Firefox updates automatically to make sure you always have the latest and greatest security fixes.
Firefox 51 Personal Settings:
- Add Style: Personas. Make Firefox match your style! Choose from thousands of Personas designed by users around the world, or create one yourself. With a single click you can dress up your browser however you want.
- Customize: Add-ons. Many of the most popular add-ons are extensions, little extras you download to add more bells and whistles to Firefox. Compare prices, check the weather, listen to music, update your Facebook profile – all built right into the browser!
- Adapt Your Interface. The Firefox interface has been designed by a team of experts and tested by a community of millions of users around the world to make sure your browsing is as easy and intuitive as possible. But, everyone has their own specific needs, and you can always adjust the interface to be exactly the way you like it: re-arrange, organize, add or remove buttons or fields to change your browsing experience however you want.
- Stay In Sync. Sync seamlessly connects your desktop and mobile Firefox, so you can access your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks and even open tabs no matter which device you use. Now you can surf the Web on your desktop, get up in the middle of browsing and have your open tabs ready and waiting on your mobile, just as you left them. Your browsing will never be the same!
The best Firefox 51 add-ons for privacy and security have been gathered in one great collection – sorted by the featured, top rated and most popular. Choose from 5000 free extras to make your Mozilla Firefox 51 browser look and function the way you want. An add-on can be a new time-saving toolbar button, a shortcut to search, a themed look, and more. Add-ons make browsing easier.
Add-ons are like apps that you install to add features to Firefox. They let you compare prices, check the weather, listen to music, send a tweet and more.
There are three general types of add-ons:
- Extensions. Extensions add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. There are extensions that allow you to block advertisements, download videos from websites, integrate Firefox with websites like Facebook or Twitter, and even add features from other browsers.
- Appearance. There are two types of appearance add-ons: complete themes, which changes the look of buttons and menus, and background themes, which decorate the menu bar and tab strip with a background image.
- Plugins. Plugins let you add support for all kinds of Internet content. These usually include patented formats like Flash, QuickTime, and Silverlight that are used for video, audio, online games, presentations, and more. Plugins are created and distributed by other companies.
Whether you’re using Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP or Mac OS X with Firefox, you’ll also enjoy hardware acceleration for many common operations, such as watching videos or playing games. Firefox uses a new layers-based graphics system that takes advantage of Direct2D and Direct3D on Windows and OpenGL on Mac to deliver amazing performance even on graphics-heavy sites.
What’s New in Firefox 51.0:
Homepage – http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Size: 43.0 MB