Microsoft Edge for Android and iOS is a lightweight web browser. It gives you one continuous browsing experience across your mobile devices to your Microsoft Windows 10 PC.
Your stuff syncs in the background, allowing you to browse across devices, without skipping a beat.
It has new features, including integration with Cortana, annotation tools, and a reading mode.
Favorites, reading list, browsing history, and downloads are viewed at the Hub, a sidebar providing functionality similar to Internet Explorer’s Downloads manager and Favorites Center.
The browser includes an integrated Adobe Flash Player and a PDF reader. It also supports asm.js.
Microsoft Edge does not support legacy technologies such as ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects, and will instead use an extension system.
Familiar Microsoft Edge features like the Hub allow users to organize the web in a way that cuts through the clutter, making it easier to find, view and manage their content on-the-go.
Microsoft Edge Features:
- Continue on PC: Go anywhere and pick up where you left off by seamlessly moving content between your mobile device and PC (requires Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update).
- Data Sync: Your favorites, passwords, and reading list are synced across your devices, so no matter the device, your browser is always personalized to you.
- Hub View: With your favorites, reading list, history, and books all in one place, finding and managing your content is made simple.
- QR Code Reader: Easily read QR codes at the touch of a button. Microsoft Edge will pull up the reading and information right onto your screen.
- Voice Search: You can now use your voice to search the web. Ask a question or speak a prompt to use the web in more natural, familiar ways.
- InPrivate: When you browse with InPrivate mode, your browsing data (like your history, temporary internet files, and cookies) isn’t saved on your PC once you’ve finished.
Supported Platforms: Android 4.4 and higher, iOS 9.0 or later.
Size: 82 MB