ClamWin Free Antivirus is an Open Source Antivirus software program for Windows, using the well-respected ClamAV scanning engine.
It contains a virus scanner, scheduler, virus database updates, context menu integration to MS Windows Explorer, and Add-in to MS Outlook.
Also, it features a simple setup program with a command-line interface for scanning files, updating the virus definitions, and a daemon for quicker scanning wanted on high-performance methods.
ClamWin Free Antivirus is utilized by more than 600,000 users worldwide each day. You could download and use it completely free of cost.
Please be aware that ClamWin Free Antivirus doesn’t include an on-access real-time scanner. You must manually scan a file with the purpose to detect a virus or spyware and adware.
ClamWin Free Antivirus Features:
- High detection charges for viruses and spyware and adware;
- Automatic downloads of Virus Database updates. ClamAV team frequently updates Virus Databases to include a brand new virus/variant instantly after it appears;
- Standalone Virus Scanner;
- Right-Click Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
- Addin to Microsoft Outlook to take away virus-infected attachments automatically. Built-in support for mbox, Maildir, and uncooked mail files
- Built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip2, Tar, MS OLE2, MS Cabinet files, MS CHM (Compressed HTML), MS SZDD
- Built-in support for Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, and Petite.
Changes in ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.99.4:
- Fixed: Two newly reported vulnerabilities within the PDF parsing code.
- Other bug fixes
ClamWin Free Antivirus is designed for Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Me, 2000, 98 and Windows Server 2012, 2008, and 2003.
Size: 165 MB