HitmanPro (Sophos Product) runs alongside your current antivirus, using its behavioral, deep-scanning technology to find and eliminate zero-day malware that has avoided detection.
This is a portable antimalware program, which aims to detect and remove malicious files and registry entries related to rootkits, trojans, viruses, worms, spyware, adware, rogue antivirus programs, ransomware, and other malware from infected computers.
Every day a new host of next-gen malware is activated, and it can be found everywhere, even on trusted websites. Make sure your system is protected against the malware.
Hitman Pro is designed to work alongside existing security programs without any conflicts. It scans the computer quickly (less than 5 minutes) and does not slow down the computer (except for the few minutes it is scanning).
Hitman Pro does not need to be installed. It can be run straight from a USB flash drive, a CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive.
Hitman Pro uses innovative cloud computing techniques to detect and remove potential malware threats with minimal impact on system performance. Unknown and suspicious files are automatically identified by online identification servers. This means no software on your system. If nothing is found (and we sincerely hope so), then you will never need a license. When a virus is found, then you will receive a free 30-day license to remove the threat.
SurfRight has done extensive research of malware files to determine the common characteristics (behavior) of malware. The Hitman Pro client uses this research in its Behavioural Scan when it scans the computer for virus activities or suspicious files that have the characteristics of malware.
For the files that are classified as suspicious, the Hitman Pro client sends a request to the Scan Cloud for confirmation if these files are indeed malicious. The Scan Cloud is a cluster of multiple computers, residing on the Internet. The Scan Cloud will respond to this request with the answer: * Safe * Malicious * Unknown
HitmanPro Features and benefits:
- On-demand Forensics-based Malware Detection. Kills zero-hour threats that your antivirus missed
- Potentially Unwanted Application Remediation. Targets PUAs using crowd-sourced machine learning
- Cloud-Assisted Scanning. Additional threat identification
- Real-Time, Signature-less Protection. Stops attacks without requiring prior knowledge of the malware or human involvement
- Ransomware Protection. Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files
- Exploit Mitigations. Prevents exploit techniques from compromising your system
- Online Banking Protection. Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Vaccination. Forces sandbox-aware malware to terminate itself
- Safe Browsing. Warns admin when malware compromises the browser
- Webcam Notification. Alerts the user when access is given to the webcam
- Keystroke Encryption. Prevents keyloggers from recording passwords
- Process Protection. Stops attacks that perform process hijacking or replacement
- Bad-USB Protection. Blocks malicious USB devices posing as keyboards
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in HitmanPro 3.8.11 Build 300:
- FIXED: Issue that HitmanPro could not be updated on Windows Vista systems
- FIXED: A problem that could cause GUI issues on certain Windows versions
Size: 34.05 MB