HitmanPro.Alert free with CryptoGuard (Sophos Product) is an advanced, real-time protection and malware removal software.
It has all the features found in HitmanPro, including a powerful, professional-grade virus cleaner.
The most traditional virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files. HitmanPro’s deep scan and clean goes the extra mile by eradicating all traces and remnants of the malware that previous security software may have left on your computer. It’ll be like your computer was never infected in the first place.
Furthermore, HitmanPro.Alert stops brand-new, never-before-seen threats by proactively seeking out and analyzing suspicious behaviors and activities.
It goes beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection against the latest hacking, ransomware, program exploits, webcam spying, and online banking risks.
- Advanced Malware Removal – Finds and removes all traces of known and new malware
- PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) Removal – Targets apps that are actually spyware, adware, and more
- Advanced Real-Time Protection – Protects against new and developing malware, PUAs, and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Advanced Ransomware Protection – Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files and boot drive
- Advanced Web Protection – Blocks phishing attacks and compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
- Online Banking Protection – Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Advanced Exploit Prevention – Prevents vulnerable programs from being hacked to gain access to your system
- Privacy Protection – Blocks access to your webcam and microphone, and any attempts to monitor your keystrokes
HitmanPro.Alert watches for ransomware-style behavior, not just known ransomware, allowing it to catch brand new variants that other security software can’t recognize. If a file gets encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert makes a backup file. If other files continue to be encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert recognizes this behavior as potential ransomware and stops the process. It then rolls back the encryption by replacing the encrypted files with the saved backups and then removes the ransomware itself. HitmanPro.Alert also blocks unwanted encryption of the boot drive, another tactic used by hackers to get money. All of this is done without any needed user interaction.
Prevents Program Exploits
HitmanPro.Alert adds an additional layer of security around vulnerable programs, watching for behavior that is malicious in nature. Infections are found and promptly removed. HitmanPro.Alert then replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions. This prevents these programs from being exploited and used against the user.
Keeps Your Privacy
HitmanPro.Alert blocks unauthorized access to your webcam, keeping your private life private. It beefs up browser security and warns you if the browser has been compromised in any way. It also encrypts your keystrokes, rendering keyloggers useless and keeping what you type-safe. These advanced privacy features led MRG Effitas to award HitmanPro.Alert their Secure Online Banking certification.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.8 Build 887:
- Added HeapHeapProtect: Code running in dynamic memory, in RUNDLL32.EXE and REGSVR32.EXE, can no longer manipulate other dynamic memory. This proactively helps against many backdoor tools, trojans, and ransomware families.
- Added Tamper Protection by filtering process and thread handles against terminate, suspend, and injection. Also added menu item to the settings menu.
- Added Automatic protection of Microsoft Access against exploitation.
- Added DLL Hijacking protection on HitmanPro malware scanner to prevent privilege escalation.
- The improved Alert report now includes a list of services if a process runs as a service.
- Improved CryptoGuard-only now also enables anti-malware.
- Improved GUI: Added anti-malware menu item to the settings menu.
- Improved GUI: EULA on install dialog
- Improved Windows on ARM: Now offloads SHA-256 calculation to hardware via NEON instructions, resulting in 7 times performance boost.
- Improved Windows on ARM: Fixed last scan timestamp.
- Improved AmsiGuard: Now supports unloading of AMSI.DLL.
- Improved ApplicationLockdown: Prevent execution of a Visual Basic file via EXPLORER.EXE from an Office application.
- Improved CredGuardSAM: Prevent registry command-line tool from dumping credentials.
- Improved WipeGuard: Volume Boot Record (VBR) protection and alert details.
- Improved Minifilter driver altitude, lowered from 345800 to 221600, to prevent third-party mini filters from adversely affecting ransomware detection.
- Fixed CodeCave: coding error that could cause certain rare applications to crash.
- Fixed CodeCave: False alarms when the application is packed with a boxedApp packer.
- Fixed ACPProtection: False alarms when the application is packed with boxedApp packer.
- Fixed ApiSetGuard: False alarms on a standard DLLMain implementation that does nothing but returning 0 or 1.
- Fixed CryptoGuard 5: False alarm in combination with Dropbox.
- Fixed CryptoGuard 5: False alarm when deleting many files on and endpoint protected by Bitdefender’s CryptoStore feature.
- Fixed HeapHeapProtect: Applications under attack could crash when the used shellcode caused an unaligned stack.
- Fixed Crash in Equation Editor when under attack, caused by Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Fixed Italian string in Systray context menu.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 5.06 MB