HitmanPro.Alert free with CryptoGuard (Sophos Product) is an advanced, real-time protection and malware removal software.
It has all the features found in HitmanPro, including a powerful, professional-grade virus cleaner.
The most traditional virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files. HitmanPro’s deep scan and clean goes the extra mile by eradicating all traces and remnants of the malware that previous security software may have left on your computer. It’ll be like your computer was never infected in the first place.
Furthermore, HitmanPro.Alert stops brand-new, never–before-seen threats by proactively seeking out and analyzing suspicious behaviors and activities.
It goes beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection against the latest hacking, ransomware, program exploits, webcam spying, and online banking risks.
- Advanced Malware Removal – Finds and removes all traces of known and new malware
- PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) Removal – Targets apps that are actually spyware, adware, and more
- Advanced Real-Time Protection – Protects against new and developing malware, PUAs, and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Advanced Ransomware Protection – Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files and boot drive
- Advanced Web Protection – Blocks phishing attacks and compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
- Online Banking Protection – Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Advanced Exploit Prevention – Prevents vulnerable programs from being hacked to gain access to your system
- Privacy Protection – Blocks access to your webcam and microphone, and any attempts to monitor your keystrokes
HitmanPro.Alert watches for ransomware-style behavior, not just known ransomware, allowing it to catch brand new variants that other security software can’t recognize. If a file gets encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert makes a backup file. If other files continue to be encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert recognizes this behavior as potential ransomware and stops the process. It then rolls back the encryption by replacing the encrypted files with the saved backups and then removes the ransomware itself. HitmanPro.Alert also blocks unwanted encryption of the boot drive, another tactic used by hackers to get money. All of this is done without any needed user interaction.
Prevents Program Exploits
HitmanPro.Alert adds an additional layer of security around vulnerable programs, watching for behavior that is malicious in nature. Infections are found and promptly removed. HitmanPro.Alert then replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions. This prevents these programs from being exploited and used against the user.
Keeps Your Privacy
HitmanPro.Alert blocks unauthorized access to your webcam, keeping your private life private. It beefs up browser security and warns you if the browser has been compromised in anyway. It also encrypts your keystrokes, rendering keyloggers useless and keeping what you type safe. These advanced privacy features led MRG Effitas to award HitmanPro.Alert their Secure Online Banking certification.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.7.1 Build 723:
- Added Real-Time Anti-Malware, which works with the HitmanPro cloud.
- Added Credential Theft Protection, which prevents theft of authentication passwords and hash information. Prevents Mimikatz-style attacks.
- Added Local Privilege Guard, which stops specific exploitation of the operating system kernel. Prevents an attacker from using the privilege information of another process.
- Added Code Cave mitigation, which stops backdoors in trusted code. Prevents e.g. Backdoor Factory and Shellter-style attacks.
- Added Sticky Keys mitigation, which prevents abuse of the Microsoft sticky key feature and is typically used by attackers to gain persistence.
- Added Application Verifier mitigation, which prevents abuse of the Application Verifier feature of Windows (eg. Double Agent code-injection).
- Improved Asynchronous Procedure Call (APC) mitigation to improve compatibility with third-party security solutions on Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update).
- Added protection against dropping shellcode straight into memory from VBA macro code. This mitigation is part of Load Library and triggers a Shellcode alert.
- Added protection against compilation of arbitrary code straight into memory from an application under exploit mitigations, like Office. Such attacks can bypass whitelisting based protection like Windows Defender Device Guard.
- Added automatic protection of Microsoft Outlook (under the Office category) to defend against e.g. DDE attacks embedded in the body of malicious emails or calendar invites.
- Improved Hollow Process mitigation to block hijacking of a remote main thread to run arbitrary code.
- Improved Import Address Table Address Filtering (IAF) exploit mitigation.
- Improved code injection of the HitmanPro.Alert Support Library (DLL).
- Improved upgrade when running in ‘Anti-ransomware only’ mode.
- Improved DLL hijack mitigation which loaded an incorrect DLL on WoW64 processes.
- Fixed Intruder alert in Firefox when Norton is installed (e.g. Norton Security).
- Fixed a ROP technique detection on pidgenx.dll when trying to activate Microsoft Office.
- Fixed a CallerCheck alert associated with Microsoft Power Query and CLR.DLL.
- Fixed a DEP mitigation triggered in some Microsoft Excel macro’s.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Microsoft Hyper-V on Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update).
- Fixed a minor memory leak originating from the CryptoGuard anti-ransomware mitigation.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements.
Size: 4.54 MB