It seamlessly integrates essential security technologies in a single agent and management console, increasing protection and helping lower total cost of ownership.
Symantec Endpoint Protection protects networked critical systems and remote and mobile users from unwanted network intrusions and hackers, as well as from viruses, Trojans, and worms.
Centralized policy management and response capabilities ease the administrative burden and lower the cost of managing security at the network, mobile, and remote client level.
- Stops malware such as viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, adware, bots, zero-day threats and rootkits.
- Prevents security outbreaks thus reducing administrative overhead.
- Lowers total cost of ownership for endpoint security.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Key Features:
- Provides unmatched protection from the market leader in endpoint security
- Seamlessly integrates antivirus protection, antispyware, firewall, intrusion prevention, device and application control
- Requires only a single agent
- Powerful central management of security on Windows and Macintosh endpoints
- Enables instant NAC upgrade without additional software deployment
- Antispyware and antivirus programs for and Macintosh and Linux clients
- Secures both physical and virtual environments
Symantec Endpoint Protection New Features:
Single Agent and Single Console
Delivers a single agent for all Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies and Symantec Network Access Control. Delivers a single integrated interface for managing all Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies and Symantec Network Access Control. All allow for a single communication method and content delivery system across all technologies.
- Provides operational efficiencies such as single software updates, single policy updates.
- Provides unified and central reporting.
- Provides unified licensing and maintenance.
- Requires no change to the client when adding Symantec Network Access Control enforcement.
- Lowers Total Cost of Ownership for endpoint security.
- Reduces administrative effort.
Proactive Threat Scanning
Behavioral-based protection that protects against zero-day threats and threats not seen before. Unlike other heuristic-based technologies, Proactive Threat Scan scores both the good and bad behavior of unknown applications, providing a more accurate malware detection.
- Accurately detects malware without the need to set up rule-based configurations.
- Helps lower the number of false positives.
Advanced Rootkit Detection and Removal
Provides superior rootkit detection and removal by integrating VxMS (Veritas Mapping Service—a Veritas technology), thereby providing access below the operating system to allow thorough analysis and repair.
- Detects and removes the most difficult rootkits.
- Saves time and money and productivity lossses associated with re-imaging infected machines.
Allows administrators to control access to specific processes, files, and folders by users and other applications. It provides application analysis, process control, file and registry access control, and module and DLL control. It enables administrators to restrict certain activities deemed as suspicious or high risk.
- Prevents malware from spreading or harming endpoints.
- Locks down endpoints to prevent data leakage.
Controls which peripherals can be connected to a machine and how the peripherals are used. It locks down an endpoints to prevent connections from thumb drives, CD burners, printers, and other USB devices.
- Prevents sensitive and confidential data from being extracted or stolen from endpoints (data leakage).
- Prevents endpoints from being infected by viruses spread from peripheral devices.
Size: 356.86 MB