WinPatrol PLUS is a Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) that takes a snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. WinPatrol Plus was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. It continues to be the most powerful system monitor for its small memory footprint.
WinPatrol’s easy tabbed interface allows you to explore deep inside your computer without having to be a computer expert. A one-time installation in WinPatrol PLUS provides a unique experience you won’t find in any other software.
As a robust SECURITY MONITOR, WinPatrol Plus will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission.
WinPatrol PLUS includes our unique R.I.D. technology. As a MULTI PURPOSE SUPPORT, UTILITY WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol PLUS allows you to get a better understanding of what programs are being added to your computer. It monitors important system areas that are commonly altered by many malicious programs. This includes the startup groups (registry and startup folder), cookies and active tasks.
You can terminate processes and enable or disable startup programs. The cookie monitoring option allows you to automatically delete cookies based on a keyword found in the cookie name. Additional features include a WHOIS lookup tool and an option to alert you on changes. WinPatrol Plus is easy to understand, yet quietly powerful.
Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol Plus takes a snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You’ll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
WinPatrol PLUS Features
- Real-time Infiltration Detection. Scotty is always on Patrol, watching for signs of infiltration. You don’t have to wait for a scheduled scan to clean up what already got in.
- Registry Monitoring. In addition to locking down registry keys, you can have WinPatrol Plus monitor any registry key(s) you desire for changes and have it alert you when any occur.
- Add/Remove Start-up Programs. You have easy control over which start-up programs will run.
- Delay Start-up Programs. Speed up your computer start-up by delaying the start-up of programs you don’t really need by up to 1 hour.
- Disable Start-up Programs. It allows you to experiment to see if you really need a start-up program without completely removing it. Or to temporarily keep a start-up program from running.
- Access to the WinPatrol PLUS knowledge base (24/7). Find out what any executable on your computer is and what it does. If we don’t know about it yet, just let us know and we’ll do the research for you.
- Review and Remove ActiveX components. Have an ActiveX component get installed you don’t want? No problem, have Scotty remove it for you.
- Hide and allow “RunOnce” programs. These are typically used by legitimate updates, so if you do not want to be alerted you can turn that off.
- Suppress continuous alerts based on the first response. Recurring alerts, no problem. Have WinPatrol Plus remember your response and automatically respond the same way on the next alert.
- Review and Remove Scheduled Tasks. You have to power to control when, and if, tasks run on your computer. Don’t let your programs dictate to you.
- Review and Remove browser Add-Ons. Browser running slowly? Investigate if an unwanted add-on is slowing you down.
- Review and remove browser toolbars. Toolbars seemed like a good idea at first, but now, more time than not are an annoyance that slows your browser down.
- Review, Display and Kill multiple tasks at one time. This gives you the power to clean-up malware infections, removing both the program and any protector programs on restart.
- Review, Stop and Control Windows Services. Part of our all-in-one tool that not only protects you but also allows you to manage your computer as well.
- Manage and Automatically remove unwanted cookies. That’s right, not only can you remove cookies, you can set-up profiles that will automatically remove matching cookies.
- Track when programs were really installed on your system. WinPatrol Plus keeps track of when it initially detected a program rather than trusting the system date because malware likes to pretend it has been installed for a long time to throw off your investigation.
- Changes tracked in a restoration file. It gives you the ability to “undo” a mistake.
- Ability to view all “Hidden” files on your computer. Don’t let malware get away with hiding itself. WinPatrol Plus gives you visibility into hidden files.
- Gaming Mode. Temporarily disable WinPatrol Plus Real-Time Protection.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
What’s NEW with WinPatrol PLUS 34.11.2016.17:
- Added new feature File Size Monitor
- Fixed issues in File Type Association, making it compatible with all Windows operating systems from XP SP3 through the latest Windows 10.
Size: 1.77 MB