R-Studio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undelete and data recovery software for experienced data recovery professionals.
Empowered by the new unique data recovery technologies, R-STUDIO is the most comprehensive data recovery solution for recovery files from NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS, FAT12/16/32, exFAT, HFS/HFS+ (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux) partitions.
R-Studio also uses raw file recovery (scan for known file types) for heavily damaged or unknown file systems. It functions on local and network disks, even if such partitions are formatted, damaged, or deleted.
R-Studio functions on local and network disks, even if such partitions are formatted, damaged, or deleted. Flexible parameter settings give you absolute control over data recovery.
In addition to being a full-featured data recovery utility, R-Studio also includes:
- An advanced RAID reconstruction module
- A feature-rich text/hexadecimal editor
- An entire advanced disk copying/imaging module in one single piece of software, which makes R-Studio your ideal complete solution for creating a data recovery workstation.
R-Studio utilities recover files:
- Deleted without Recycle Bin, or when Recycle Bin has been emptied;
- Removed by virus attack or power failure;
- After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for the different file system;
- When the partition structure on a hard disk was changed or damaged. In this case, R-Studio utilities can scan the hard disk trying to
find previously existed partitions and recover files from found partitions.
- From hard disk with bad sectors. R-Studio Data Recovery Software can first copy the entire disk or its part into an image file and then process such an image file.
- Standard Windows Explorer-style interface.
- Host OS: Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 Server, Windows 7, 8/8.1/ 10, Windows Server 2012/ 2016.
- Data recovery over the Network. Files can be recovered on network computers running Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX.
- Supported file systems: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS / ReFS2+ (Resilient File System, Windows 2012, 2016 Server), HFS/HFS+ (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD,, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris) and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux).
- Scan for Known File Types (raw file recovery): if the disk file system is heavily damaged or unsupported, R-Studio searches for specific data patterns (“file signatures”) typical for certain file types (Microsoft Office documents, jpgs, etc.). Such known file types can be custom-defined.
- Recognition and parsing of Basic(MBR), GPT, and BSD (UNIX) partitions layout schema, and the Apple partition map. Support for Dynamic volumes (Windows 2000-2016/8.1/10) over MBR and GPT.
- Support for
- Windows Storage Spaces (created by Windows 8/8.1 and 10/ Threshold 2/ Anniversary update);
- Apple software RAIDs, CoreStorage, File Vault, and Fusion Drive;
- Linux Logical Volume Manager (LVM/LVM2) and mdadm RAIDs.
R-Studio can automatically recognize and assemble the components of these disk managers even if their databases are slightly damaged. Their components with severely corrupted databases can be added manually.
- Damaged RAID recovery. If the OS cannot recognize your RAID, you can create a virtual RAID from its components. Such virtual RAID can be processed like a real one. Standard RAID levels supported: 0, 1, 4, 5, 6. Nested and non-standard RAID level supported: 10(1+0), 1E, 5E, 5EE, 6E.
- Automatic RAID parameter recognition. R-Studio can recognize all RAID parameters for RAID 5 and 6. This feature helps the user to solve one of the most difficult problems in RAID recovery.
- Creates IMAGE FILES for an entire Hard Disk, Partition, or its part. Such image files can be compressed and split into several files to put it on CD/DVD/flash or FAT16/FAT32/exFAT. Then the image files can be processed like regular disks.
- Data recovery on damaged or deleted partitions, encrypted files (NTFS 5), alternative data streams (NTFS, NTFS 5), from NTFS with data deduplication.
- Recovering data if:
- FDISK or other disk utilities have been run;
- VIRUS has invaded; FAT is damaged; MBR is destroyed.
- Recognizes localized names.
- Recovered files can be saved on any (including network) disks accessible by the host operating system. Recovered files may be saved on a disk on a connected remote computer rather than be transferred over the network to the local one.
- File preview to estimate recovery chances. Most of the file types can be previewed even when their applications are not installed.
- File or disk content can be viewed and edited with the advanced hexadecimal editor. The editor supports NTFS file attribute editing.
- S.M.A.R.T. attribute monitoring. R-Studio can display S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) attributes for hard drives to show their hardware health and predict they’re possible failures. Any unnecessary work with such hard drives should be avoided if S.M.A.R.T. warnings appear.
- Integration with DeepSpar Disk Imager, a professional HDD imaging device specifically built for data recovery from hard drives with hardware issues. Such integration provides R-Studio with a low-level fine-tuned access to drives with a certain level of hardware malfunction. Moreover, it allows disk imaging and analyzing be performed simultaneously.
New R-Studio features in version 8.x:
- A completely overhauled file previewer which can show picture tiles and first frames of video files as icons, and supports a large number of video/audio/graphic/document file formats. These files can now be played back without their respective applications installed.
- Support for APFS, including encryption.
- Support for mdadm RAIDs.
- Support for Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive.
- Automatic recognition of newly connected/disconnected USB devices.
- Improved support for the NTFS log.
- Support for ReFS2+ file system (Windows 2016 Server).
- Support for NTFS data deduplication.
- New extended duplicate file processing options.
- Support for NVME devices.
- A greatly improved algorithm for Known File Types search (raw file recovery):
- better recognition of mp3 and mkv files;
- a special parser for mts, mpeg, flv, and gz files;
- file names from internal tags for mp3, pdf, docx, doc files;
- support for time+manufacturer+gps for mov files created by iPhone 6 and later models;
- Support for Windows Storage Space created by Windows 10 Anniversary update.
- File mask presets.
- A new data analyzing and recovery kernel that improves data recovery speed and results.
- Symlink recovery options in the Technician version.
- File system journal processing for the HFS+ and Ext3/Ext4 FS file systems to increase the number of successfully found files.
- Soft updates journal processing for enhanced recovery on UFS partitions.
- Support for extended attributes in HFS+, Ext3/Ext4 FS, and UFS file systems. This refines recovery of the Mac OSX Time
Machine and Linux SELinux ACL.
- Optimized memory usage for large disks scanning.
- Improved folder tree discovery for deleted files on the Ext3/Ext4 FS and UFS partitions.
- A regular region can be converted into an exclusive one.
- An Intel-compatible platform running Windows 2000/XP/ 2003/Vista/2008/ Windows 7/8/8.1/10 / Windows Server 2012/2016.
- At least 256 MB of RAM, a mouse, and enough disk space for recovered files, image files, etc.
- The administrative privileges are required to install and run R-Studio utilities under Win2000/XP/ 2003/Vista/2008/ Windows 7/8/8.1/10 / Windows Server 2012/2016.
- A network connection for data recovering over a network.
Size: 60.57 MB