Adobe AIR 31 is a cross operating system runtime that enables developers to package the same code into native apps for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, and other Android devices, reaching the mobile app stores for over 500 million devices. It allows developers use their existing web development skills in HTML, AJAX, Flash and Flex to build and deploy rich Internet applications to the desktop.
Once installed Adobe AIR Applications complement browser-based web applications by providing additional reach and capabilities. The app offers an exciting new way to engage customers with innovative, branded desktop applications, without requiring changes to existing technology, people, or processes.
With the Adobe AIR runtime, you can deliver branded rich Internet applications (RIAs) on the desktop that give you a closer connection to your customer.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR, together enable businesses to efficiently deliver rich customer experiences across multiple digital touch points. The content can easily and consistently move between the browser, standalone applications and native operating systems to reach users on the devices of their choice.
Since the Adobe runtimes share a common codebase, developers can reuse code to deploy game console quality 2D and 3D games, rich media applications with premium high definition video and scalable date driven applications though both Adobe AIR and Adobe Flash Player.
Adobe AIR 31 Features:
Deliver console-quality games:
- Stage 3D. Build stunning, blazing-fast cinematic 2D and 3D games for the browser, iOS, and Android. Use fully accelerated GPU rendering, which leverages the power of OpenGL and DirectX graphics.
- Concurrency. Create high-performance, more responsive games and content using ActionScript® workers and shared ByteArray support. Share memory and leverage machine resources by offloading tasks to background workers that run concurrently (AIR desktop apps only).
- Extensibility. Give developers the ability to call into their native, platform-specific code using AIR native extensions. Free sets of native libraries are available through the Adobe Game Developer Tools to further empower developers.
Produce stunning media:
- HD-quality video. Play high-quality HD video with industry-standard codecs such as H.264, AAC, and MP3. Use GPU hardware optimization and chipsets that scale across all platforms to provide best-in-class video performance.
- High quality of service. Engage viewers with optimized and adaptive bitrate video streaming as well as an extensive feature set. Support for streaming standards such as HDS, RTMP, and progressive video allows video content to be delivered efficiently and flexibly across various network and CDN configurations.
- Content protection. Deliver protected premium video content using Adobe Access, which supports a wide range of business models, including video on demand, live broadcast, HD rental, subscription, and electronic sell-through.
Develop high-performance apps:
- Optimized content. Deliver high-performance apps through the use of LZMA compression APIs, a garbage collection API, texture compression support for Stage 3D, and more.
- Enhanced rendering. Explore a new architecture for high-performance 2D/3D GPU hardware accelerated graphics rendering by Adobe, which provides low-level Stage3D APIs for advanced rendering in apps.
- Advanced bitmap control. Deliver smoother animations and interactivity using enhanced high-resolution bitmap support, bitmap caching, and asynchronous bitmap decoding.
New and Updated Features in Adobe AIR 31:
Size: 11 MB