Microsoft .NET 6.0 is a free, cross-platform, open-source developer platform for constructing many several types of functions. With .NET, you need to use many languages, editors, and libraries to construct for web, cellular, desktop, games, and IoT.
It helps you develop high-quality functions sooner. Modern language constructs like generics, Language Integrated Query (LINQ), and asynchronous programming make builders productive.
Combined with the in-depth class libraries, widespread APIs, multi-language help, and the highly effective tooling supplied by the Visual Studio household, Microsoft .NET is the best platform for builders.
Any app, any platform
With .NET you’ll be able to goal any software kind working on any platform. Developers can reuse abilities and code throughout all of them in a well-recognized atmosphere. From cellular functions working on iOS, Android, and Windows, to Enterprise server functions working on Windows Server and Linux, or high-scale microservices working within the cloud, .NET offers an answer for you.
You can write apps in C#, F#, or Visual Basic.
- C# is a straightforward, fashionable, object-oriented, and type-safe programming language.
- F# is a cross-platform, open-source, purposeful programming language. It additionally contains object-oriented and crucial programming.
- Visual Basic is an approachable language with an easy syntax for constructing type-safe, object-oriented apps.
Whether you’re working in C#, F#, or Visual Basic, your code will run natively on any appropriate OS.
- .NET Core is a cross-platform .NET implementation for websites, servers, and console apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Xamarin/Mono is an implementation for working apps on all the main cellular working programs.
- .NET Framework helps websites, companies, desktop apps, and extra on Windows.
One constant API
Standard is a base set of APIs which might be widespread to all implementations.
Each implementation may expose further APIs which might be particular to the working programs it runs on. For example, the .NET Framework is a Windows-only .NET implementation that features APIs for accessing the Windows Registry.
You can construct many forms of apps. Some are cross-platform, and a few goals a selected OS or .NET implementation.
- Web. Build web apps and companies for Windows, Linux, macOS, and Docker.
- Mobile. Use a single codebase to construct native cellular apps for iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Desktop. Create stunning and compelling desktop apps for Windows and macOS.
- Microservices. Create independently deployable microservices that run on Docker containers.
- Game Development. Develop 2D and 3D games for the preferred desktops, telephones, and consoles.
- Machine Learning. Add imaginative and prescient algorithms, speech processing, predictive fashions, and extra to your apps.
- Cloud. Consume present cloud companies, or create and deploy your personal.
- Internet of Things. Make IoT apps, with native help for the Raspberry Pi and different single-board computer systems.
Supported on Windows, Linux, and macOS
Size: 172 MB