Adobe InDesign 2020 software provides precise control over typography and built-in creative tools for designing, preflighting, and publishing documents for print, online, or to mobile devices. Include interactivity, animation, video, and sound in page layouts to fully engage readers.
Adobe InDesign 2020 let’s create beautiful page layouts for alternate page sizes or devices. Efficiently design for print, tablets, and other screens. Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to publish interactive digital publications for tablets.
Design a rich array of interactive documents from digital brochures, to eBooks to interactive magazines. Quickly create stunning print work using a variety of productivity and production tools including simplified object selection and editing, Live Preflight, PDF export in the background, custom print presets and more. Export your documents as SWF for playback in the Flash player or interactive PDF.
Adobe InDesign 2020 is faster, sharper, more connected. Under-the-hood improvements and native 64-bit support make working on even the most complex documents speedier. And now, you can share work directly from Adobe InDesign 2020 and get access to new features the moment they’re released. Your entire creative world, together in one place. Only in Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe InDesign 2020 ensures new performance boosts, including 64-bit support. Offers Retina display support, QR code creation, better EPUB files, a sleeker UI, and the Adobe Exchange panel in Adobe InDesign. With this software, your creative process becomes seamless, intuitive, and more connected.
Adobe InDesign 2020 Features:
- Faster performance. Under-the-hood improvements throughout Adobe InDesign keep you working quickly and smoothly. Harness all of your system’s RAM with native 64-bit support. See the greatest improvements in speed and stability when printing and when exporting PDF and INX files.
- Modern UI. Adobe InDesign has a new look. Because the updated user interface is consistent with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, it’s easier to work across your Adobe applications. And now you control the brightness of the UI so you can see your layouts more clearly.
- HiDPI and Retina display support. From text to complex artwork, every element of your design will have greater clarity and vibrancy, thanks to support for the high-resolution Retina display on the new MacBook Pro.
- Sync Fonts. Sync Fonts will change the way you work with type. Quickly find the perfect font from the growing library of Adobe Typekit fonts, sync it to your system, and have it immediately available for use.
- Font search and filter. Find the perfect font — fast. Type any portion of a font name, such as “bold,” “semi-condensed,” “italic,” or any part of a font family name, and see only the fonts that match your criteria.
- Instant font preview. Quickly see how different fonts look in your layout. Use the arrow keys to browse through fonts and see each one applied to your selected text. When you find the best fit for your design, just click its name or press Enter to make your choice.
- Font favorites. Find the fonts you use most often without wading through your entire collection. Mark your favorites, and then decide whether to display only those or the full set.
- QR Code Creator. Create crisp, clear QR codes right within InDesign. Because Adobe InDesign creates vector codes, you can resize them without compromising quality and copy them into applications like Illustrator. At any point, you can edit the QR code directly within InDesign.
- Print publishing. Print long and short documents directly to a desktop printer or as PDF files for professional printing. Work efficiently thanks to Adaptive Design Tools, productivity tools, and more.
- Digital publishing. Create many kinds of digital documents. Develop sophisticated content for popular tablets by pairing InDesign with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. Design eBooks for popular devices, including Kindle and Nook. Export interactive layouts as SWF or PDF files.
- iPad apps without coding. Create iPad apps without writing code. Access Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition (part of Creative Cloud) from within InDesign and use familiar tools to develop iPad apps. Creative Cloud members can submit unlimited single-edition iPad apps to the Apple App Store.
- Preflight and production tools. Speed up production and reduce errors with live preflighting of print and digital documents, document-installed fonts, background PDF export, JDF technology, and PDF/X export.
- Robust text composition. Create sophisticated text with precise typography. Efficiently design type with styles, text-wrap, the Paragraph Composer, OpenType support, drop caps, style mapping for EPUB export, and more.
- Automation. Create powerful automated workflows using standards-based XML features to lay out pages with text and images. Incorporate database-driven content to publish across channels.
- EPUB enhancements. New features make it easier to produce high-quality EPUB files from Adobe InDesign. You have greater control over the table of contents and CSS export, and CSS editing is simpler. You can also map object styles to tags so they export appropriately.
- Persistent text-frame fitting. Set frames to automatically resize to fit your text, based on simple parameters. With persistent text-frame fitting, frames expand and shrink dynamically as you edit headlines, callouts, or other variable content.
- PDF forms within Adobe InDesign. Design PDF forms without leaving InDesign. You can add interactive form fields, and even assign the tab order using the Articles panel before you export your document to PDF.
What’s New in Adobe InDesign CC 2020 Build 15.0:
- Improved performance when scrolling documents with long excel tables
- Lag in reflowing of text in a document with a large number of footnotes
- Long delay when doing Command+A on a large text file after the CC Library panel is loaded
User Experience Improvements
- Sorting of ‘Scale’ in Links panel is not as per the numeric values
- Redraw problems when having multiple textboxes in a text flow (anchored frames)
- Shortcuts can’t be assigned to Styles if the keyboard does not have Numpad
- A blank window appears when creating a new document
- The error message is shown on switching focus to InDesign if Margins values are greater than the page size
- [German only] Ambiguity in the meaning of word “Abstände” in InDesign
- Library panel does not open at the center of the InDesign window
- Cannot change page with focus set to the XML structure
Improvements to Id 14.0 Features
- Text frames shrink to extremely tiny size on changing margins with Adjust Layout ON
- The comment does not map when the text frame is pasted into another frame
- PDF comments import from book PDF file in individual documents are wrong
- Ability to add alternate text to links
- Paragraph styles refuse to set Export tags
- Alt text added to a group of nested groups will not tag them as a figure in exported tagged PDF
- Missing Alt+text on some Graphics
- Wrong tag for endnotes in the tagged PDF
- Bullets are voiced twice
- The list should not export as List Tag if another tag is assigned
- Incorrect return value when a macOS script is run
- Table footnotes have no .index property and incorrect indexing of footnotes via scripting
- Interactivity does not work in Publish online
- Numbers in text move on printing to PostScript
- The missing font appears even after the font is packaged
- PDF exported from InDesign renders unreadable text since two different color profiles with the same name were used in a single page of a document
- Semi-colon appears in front of the first keyword (File Info) when exporting to PDF
Core Features and Workflow Fixes
- Rounded corners are not perfectly rounded
- [Japanese only] Underline does not appear when applying to underline feature to TateChuYoko
- Character style of endnote reference number is not applied in case of preserve local override
- Text indentation does not work on bulleted text along with text wrap
- Note: The fix only works only when left or right indentation is applied with rectangular or square objects.
- Negative numeric values stripped-off while importing excel
- Turning Facing Pages ON changes the first master page to a spread
- Alt or Opt+drag does not duplicate frames across spreads
- Font family reverts to the earlier selected font on choosing from Adobe fonts
- World-Ready Composer has issues with the kerning in Latin fonts
- HexValue for RGB color mode in “Swatch options” dialog does not get updated if the color values are modified in other Color Mode
- Text for Khmer and other South-East Asian languages are going out of the box when justified
- Text composition expected in threaded text frames
- Specified corner value does not get applied if the value is greater than a certain percentage of the rectangle’s dimensions
- Smart Text Reflow not working in IDS
- InDesign crashes when the copy-pasting text that contains a paragraph style with a nested line format from one text box to another
- InDesign crashes while creating a merged document if the data merge placeholder is in the graphic table cell
- InDesign crashes while exporting the document to PDF with the “Create Tagged PDF” option
- [Document-specific] InDesign crashes while spanning columns with Preview checkbox ON
- InDesign crashes on converting the tabbed text to a table using the convert to table function through scripting
- InDesign crashes on using composite font custom set 」『 ” with “Apply Tag-To-Style Mapping” on the text
- InDesign crashes on opening the IDML file
- InDesign crashes when doing a GREP search
- InDesign crashes on launch due to proxy
- InDesign crashes on importing a low-quality EPS file
- InDesign crashes while removing links or story
- InDesign hangs on launch with clean cache and preference
- [macOS only] Undo/Redo is disabled when ‘Missing Plugin’ dialog is shown in conflict with other modal dialogs on opening a document
- InDesign crashes when trying to find a space with a Positive LookBehind before the ~U (Endnote Marker)
- InDesign crashes if a non-empty library from the network is opened and then quit is initiated
- Crash on minimizing InDesign when a progress bar is shown
- InDesign crashes on using GREP search for footnotes
- InDesign crashes on opening a file having a large number of Document Fonts
- InDesign crashes while copying-and-pasting cells in a table
- InDesign crashes on releasing the table that is anchored with vertical text frame in any page, except the first page
- Crash on launch for users with managed/network profile
- InDesign crashes when a graphic object with text wrap applied is drag dropped onto the CC Libraries panel with the Direct Selection tool
- InDesign crashes while opening corrupted documents (truncated ones)
- InDesign crashes on applying Outline to the “Minion Pro” font
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10.
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), and macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Size: 889.91 MB