FreeVimager is a Free and Fast Image Viewer and Editor for Windows. It allows you to modify pictures in an easy and simple way.
There are many tools around doing that, but the aim of this Freeware is to be a small and handy tool doing what it says and running also as a standalone exe file (installer not necessary).
FreeVimager supports a wide range of formats such as JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF (multi-page), PNG, PCX, and EMF. Also, it supports EXIF, IPTC, and XMP. Moreover, FreeVimager can save the image as a PDF file.
The application also allows us to adjust contrast, brightness, sharpen, size, focus, etc. Furthermore, you will be able to remove the red-eye effect and check EXIF information.
Finally, with FreeVimager you’ll be able to create slideshows and presentations just selecting them and clicking a button.
- Supported from Windows XP SP3 up to Windows 10
- The program is freeware and available in the following languages: English, Bulgarian, German, Italian, Russian, and Vietnamese
- Touchscreen gestures support for zoom in/out and for next/previous picture
- View image location in Google Map
- View and Edit picture files of type: jpeg, bmp, gif, tiff (multi-page), png, PCX and emf
- Save As Pdf command
- Jpeg lossless rotate and crop
- Full-screen multi-monitor support: switch form one monitor to another through the context menu or TAB key
- The executable only version stores the settings to an INI file in the same directory
- Unicode support: Open, Edit, Batch Processor Batch Rename your files named in Russian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese…
- All metadata (EXIF, IPTC, XMP, ICC, …) are kept when editing and saving images
- EXIF date/time adjustment in batch mode (it’s a lossless adjustment)
- IPTC and XMP single file/batch editing support for jpeg and tiff files (it’s a lossless edit)
- Batch Processing
- Print Preview with image positioning by dragging
- Size optimized Email sending of images
- Well, known editing features like rotate, crop, resize, brightness, contrast, sharpen…
- Live configurable Red Eye removal tool
- Live Ansel Adams Zone System Histogram under Brightness, Contrast…
- Twain Scan multiple pages to tiff and pdf (possibility to Email directly)
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP SP3 up to Windows 10.
Changes in FreeVimager 9.9.10:
- Always open images with zoom level Fit or Fit Big
- File formats like .png and .gif can store a background color which is used to render the images. When watching pictures one after the other a fixed background color may be preferred. That’s now possible with the “Lock Background Color” option found in the View menu
- More robust EXIF metadata reader, for some corrupted jpeg files the program could crash
- Solved a Color Picker display bug (thanks to Veksha for helping)
Size: 1.68 MB