Google Picasa is software that makes it easy and fun to view, organize, edit and share the digital photos on your PC. It will not delete your pictures or put them online without your permission. Picasa automatically finds and organizes all of your pictures including jpeg, tiff, BMP, PSD, and standard camera movie files. Sending pictures with e-mail used to mean five steps just to get it right.
Picasa lets you pick the size and then automatically attaches your pictures. Browse through all your pictures and view slideshows of your albums with the click of a button. Enhance, fix red-eye, and even crop without losing data or permanently changing your original picture.
Take your photos further with this application from Google. Picasa is free photo management software from Google that helps you find, edit and share your pictures in seconds.
Picasa helps you find and organize all your pictures: you start Picasa, it scans your hard drive to find and automatically organize all your pictures. This software finds the following image and movie file types:
- Image file types: JPG, GIF, TIF, PSD, PNG, BMP, RAW (including NEF and CRW). GIF and PNG files are not scanned by default, but you can enable them in the options dialogue.
- Film file types: MPG, AVI, ASF, WMV, and MOV.
Google Picasa Features:
- Organize – Picasa instantly locates and organizes all the pictures on your computer.
- Edit – Turn a grey sky into a picture-perfect day.
- Share – The hardest part of sharing your pictures is choosing your favorites.
- Prints & Products – Print beautiful pictures at home with more custom sizes or order prints, gifts and books from your favorite online companies.
- Backup – Do not lose your digital memories. Safely back up your photos with this application.
- Create – Enjoy your pictures in a fun, creative ways – it is what photography is all about!
New features in Google Picasa 3.9:
- Share to your Google+ circles — If you’ve joined Google+, you can use this software to share directly with the circles you’ve created in Google+. They’ll see your photos and videos in their Google+ stream. People that don’t use Google+ aren’t left out. They’ll get an email to view your album in Google+, and they don’t have to join to do so.
- Picasa name tags on Google+ — If you’ve joined Google+, you may have noticed that name tags have become more social. With the release of version 3.9, you can now upload and share your name tags on Google+. Note that if you choose not to join Google+, name tags won’t change at all.
- New photo editing effects — We’ve added a plethora of new editing effects like Vignette, Duo-tone, Borders and more.
- Side by side editing — Compare two different photos side by side. Or compare the original and edited versions of the same photo simultaneously as you apply edits in Picasa. Learn how to edit side by side.
Changes in Google Picasa 3.9.140 / Google Photos Backup 1.1.0:
- Re-branding from Google+ Photos to Google Photos
- Disable, for the time being, uploads of face tags.
- Addresses occasional crashes in network operations.
- Addresses occasional crashes in file scanning operations.
- Patches for image handling. We would like to thank Hossein Lotfi, Secunia Research, for helping to identify
- Issues in RAW handling.
- Improved throughput and error handling in Google Photos Backup.
Size: 13.0 MB