Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview.
This program is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. The user may draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan, change the color or the texture of the walls, draw dimensions, drag and drop furniture in the plan from a catalog organized by categories (living room, kitchen).
You can import additional 3D models created by himself or downloaded from different Web sites, change the size, the orientation and the elevation of each piece of furniture with the mouse.
Sweet Home 3D allows you to view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial viewpoint, or from a virtual visitor viewpoint, print the home plan and the 3D view. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D Features:
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location, and orientation of furniture, walls, floors, and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 25 languages.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows, macOS 10.4 to 10.14, Linux and Solaris.
Changes in Sweet Home 3D 6.2:
- Fixed a bug which prevented from modifying a piece of furniture in Virtual visit mode, after adding that piece to a group in Aerial view mode.
- Fixed the totals update after a price change of a piece belonging to a furniture group.
- Fixed a bug which prevented from changing a textured material to white color.
- Fixed horizontal and vertical alignment while moving room or furniture names with the mouse and the Shift key pressed.
- Added Adjustable searchable tag to find more easily an adjustable 3D model among the 87 available ones.
- After Select, all at all levels menu item is chosen, exported all selected items to OBJ format whether they belong to a level visible in the 3D view or not.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.
Size: 49.2 MB