BitComet is a BitTorrent/ HTTP/ FTP download management software, which is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features it contains can accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, IP-filter, etc. Supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun, instead of waiting even dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes. And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding: Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share: Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI: Start BitTorrent download without.torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while downloading: Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross-Protocol downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Align File to Piece Boundary: Better for making a torrent, fully compatible with old versions.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation: Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network: Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in the router).
- Disabling or Setting Priority of files in torrent: Files can be skipped for downloading, or set to higher / lower priority, allowing you to select which file finish first.
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP DOWNLOAD – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP download, with which BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename: Automatically choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of Avi, Rmvb, WMV, and other video files is available during the downloading process.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
- Multi-Section download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
DOWNLOAD Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and DOWNLOAD.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.67:
- GUI Improve: new command in the context menu of a task list: search online for the task name
- GUI Improved: new global option: save the torrent file to download folder
- GUI Improved: display the number of DHT torrents with metadata in left channel pane if show torrents with metadata option enabled
- GUI Improved: reduce UI lag of BitTorrent task properties dialog when use network folder as the download folder
- GUI Improve: new command in the context menu of the torrent list: search online for the torrent name
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: system.check_bcagent, disable check OCX control status for browser extensions at startup
- GUI Improve: new settings in tasks page of options window: start the queued task if the download speed of slowest task is lower than GUI Improve: display UPNP port mapping info in the global log
- GUI Bugfix: the upload limit can not be set to 1, 2, 3…9MB/s in Option dialog
- GUI Bugfix: magnet URI tasks not displayed in Uncompleted task list after program restart
- Core Improve: the format of the data file of the torrent history list changed from XML to SQLite, the conversation will be performed automatically when the program launch
- Core Improve: improve the algorithm of removing items in the torrent list, reduce UI lag
- Core Improve: increase sorting speed for snapshot and post-column in torrent list
- Core Improve: improve the algorithm of long-term seeding, reduce UI lag
- Core Improve: starting BT task changes to asynchronous operation, to reduce the UI lag
- Core Improve: reduce process time for stopping BT task
- Core Improve: reduce process time for removing BT tasks without deleting downloaded files
- Core Improve: reduce UI lag due to long-term seeding
- Core Bugfix: BT task may stop unexpectedly due to file not found if yellow blocks appear in piece map
- Core Bugfix: program may crash when sorting the torrent list
- Core Bugfix: disk boost service not utilized when allocating disk space before downloading option disabled
- Core Bugfix: metadata download task not removed when removing items in torrent list
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 20.5 MB