BitComet is a BitTorrent/ HTTP/ FTP download management software, which is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features it contains can accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, IP-filter, etc. Supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun, instead of waiting even dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes. And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding: Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share: Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI: Start BitTorrent download without.torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while downloading: Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross-Protocol downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Align File to Piece Boundary: Better for making a torrent, fully compatible with old versions.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation: Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network: Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in the router).
- Disabling or Setting Priority of files in torrent: Files can be skipped for downloading, or set to higher / lower priority, allowing you to select which file finish first.
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP DOWNLOAD – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP download, with which BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename: Automatically choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of Avi, Rmvb, WMV, and other video files is available during the downloading process.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
- Multi-Section download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
DOWNLOAD Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and DOWNLOAD.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.64:
- GUI Improve: add new advanced option: Use toast notifications in action center under Windows 10 (Need to create a shortcut in the start menu)
- GUI Improve: the max connection number for HTTP download task changed from 20 to 200 in HTTP task properties window
- GUI Improve: the max default connection number for HTTP download task changed from 20 to 200 in option window
- GUI Improve: show a notification when the paging file is too small for memory allocation
- GUI Improve: add info-tip for peer count, health and share ratio column in the task download list
- GUI Improve: improve display for HiDPI
- GUI Bugfix: the display name parameter in the magnetic link caused the default save the name of the downloaded file to be incorrect
- GUI Bugfix: issues on sorting the torrent list by snapshot or comments
- GUI Bugfix: the speed graph not cleared after performing disk cleanup for HTTP task
- GUI Bugfix: the queuing state icon not displayed if the task is in error state
- GUI Bugfix: the function of sorting by task state not working for queuing tasks
- Core Improve: enhanced the ability of HTTP download tasks to detect server support for download resume
- Core Improve: reduce memory usage for torrent metadata download
- Core Improve: improve video file snapshot, support thumbnail, decrease loading time
- Core Improve: disable extra disk writing verify to decrease disk usage
- Core Bugfix: if auto file moving launched after hash check when BitTorrent download finished, the files been moved will bot be removed
- Core Bugfix: HTTP download should stop immediately after the failure of creating a file
- Core Bugfix: program may crash at exit
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 18.7 MB