BitComet is a BitTorrent/ HTTP/ FTP download management software, which is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features it contains can accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, IP-filter, etc. Supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun, instead of waiting even dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes. And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding: Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share: Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI: Start BitTorrent download without.torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while downloading: Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross-Protocol downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Align File to Piece Boundary: Better for making a torrent, fully compatible with old versions.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation: Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network: Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in the router).
- Disabling or Setting Priority of files in torrent: Files can be skipped for downloading, or set to higher / lower priority, allowing you to select which file finish first.
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP DOWNLOAD – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP download, with which BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename: Automatically choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of Avi, Rmvb, WMV, and other video files is available during the downloading process.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
- Multi-Section download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
DOWNLOAD Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and DOWNLOAD.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.71:
- GUI Improve: add new advanced option: ui.copy_magnet_with_tracker
- GUI Improve: add new advanced option: dht.startup_delay_sec
- GUI Improve: add new advanced option: dht.max_udp_sessions
- GUI Improved: add Long-Term Seeding list to left channel list when expert_mode enabled
- GUI Improve: display number of files for Long-Term Seeding in the flow graph
- GUI Improved: display number of DHT nodes and sessions by type inflow graph
- GUI Improved: display CPU usage in the flow graph
- GUI Improved: display flow graph pane under torrent list also
- GUI Improve: display UDP sending queue length for the separate category in the Statistics pane
- GUI Improve: display number of DNS cache in the Statistics pane
- GUI Improved: tracker list supports sorting
- GUI Improved: do not switch to download list after adding a new BitTorrent task from the RSS page
- GUI Improve: display banned peers of a BitTorrent task in a separate group
- GUI Bugfix: binding IP address in advanced option can not be modified
- GUI Bugfix: update time of RSS feeds not changed after a manual refresh
- GUI Bugfix: tooltip displayed incorrectly when the column order of peer list adjusted
- Core Improve: UDP sending queue changed to multiple queues
- Core Improve: prevent Sonic Studio 3 DLL injection, enhance program stability
- Core Improve: BitTorrent task start Long-Term Seeding automatically if become 100% completed after hash checking
- Core Improve: add cache for DNS query
- Core Improve: UDP Tracker connect will retry later if the length of the sending queue reached the limit
- Core Improve: reduce unnecessary DHT transmission if reached the threshold of UDP sessions
- Core Improve: increase the priority of connection for passport login
- Core Bugfix: empty folder left after moving downloaded files for the finished task
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 22.3 MB