BitComet is a BitTorrent/ HTTP/ FTP download management software, which is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features it contains can accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, IP-filter, etc. Supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun, instead of waiting even dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes. And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding: Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share: Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI: Start BitTorrent download without.torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while downloading: Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross-Protocol downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Align File to Piece Boundary: Better for making a torrent, fully compatible with old versions.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation: Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network: Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in the router).
- Disabling or Setting Priority of files in torrent: Files can be skipped for downloading, or set to higher / lower priority, allowing you to select which file finish first.
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP DOWNLOAD – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP download, with which BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename: Automatically choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of Avi, Rmvb, WMV, and other video files is available during the downloading process.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
- Multi-Section download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
DOWNLOAD Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and DOWNLOAD.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.61:
- GUI Improve: improve filter for auto torrent download from RSS feed
- GUI Improved: do not display unknown as the name for tasks created from HTTP URL of the torrent file
- GUI Improve: new command in the context menu of RSS article list: copy torrent link
- GUI Improve: show a tooltip when mouse hover on a status column of peer list
- GUI Improve: check disk boost service when program starts, display fix notification if not installed
- GUI Improved: task finish popup changed to toast notification of Action Center in Windows 10
- GUI Improved: auto-update interval of RSS feed changed to the shorter one of user setting and feed set
- GUI Improved: add new setting BitTorrent.anti_leech_banned_ports in Advanced page of the Options window
- GUI Improved: The options window automatically adjusts the window size according to the minimum size of the page when switching pages
- GUI Improved: add search options box in Advanced page of the Options window
- GUI Bugfix: the setting of the max number of RSS article works incorrectly
- GUI Bugfix: refresh task properties dialog after meta-data downloaded right away
- GUI Bugfix: fix the display problem of the floating window with HiDPI scale
- GUI Bugfix: remove obsoleted option: display task properties dialog after meta-data downloaded for Magnet link
- GUI Bugfix: publisher info not displayed in the BitTorrent task properties dialog
- GUI Bugfix: copy RSS feed URL will get RSS feed web-page URL
- Core Improve: Improve compatibility with XML file formats returned by RSS feeds
- Core Improve: for the option that starts a new task from waiting for queue when total download speed lower than the setting value, also stop the slowest task at the same time
- Core Improve: switch to IE11 render mode for RSS web-page in Window 10
- Core Bugfix: The Magnet link task addition time is changed from the time of torrent file downloaded to the time of task created.
- Core Bugfix: problem about the auto-refresh interval for RSS feeds
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 17.9 MB