BitComet is a BitTorrent/ HTTP/ FTP download management software, which is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features it contains can accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, IP-filter, etc. Supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun, instead of waiting even dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes. And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding: Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share: Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI: Start BitTorrent download without.torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross-Protocol Downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Align File to Piece Boundary: Better for making a torrent, fully compatible with old versions.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation: Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network: Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in the router).
- Disabling or Setting Priority of files in torrent: Files can be skipped for downloading, or set to higher / lower priority, allowing you to select which file finish first.
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP download, with which BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename: Automatically choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of Avi, Rmvb, WMV, and other video files is available during the downloading process.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more…
- Multi-Section download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
Download Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.58:
- GUI Improved: support 32MB piece size when creating the torrent file, and show the estimated size of the torrent
- GUI Improved: add fit column size command in the context menu of list view header
- GUI Improved: add 2 new options in task remove window: delete unfinished download files only, delete all downloaded files
- GUI Improved: display torrent creator info in task summary page
- GUI Improved: improve floating window display for HiDPI
- GUI Improved: allow up to 10 new task windows to be displayed simultaneously
- GUI Improved: display flag for registered BitComet users of IPv6 in peers list of BitTorrent task
- GUI Improved: display tracker returned leechers amount in tracker list of BitTorrent task
- GUI Bugfix: display issue of item group fold/unfold in Statistics pane
- GUI Bugfix: max upload rate per BitTorrent task in Options window does not take effect immediately when changed
- GUI Bugfix: Long-Term seeding upload speed not displayed in the tooltip of BitTorrent task summary pane when task stopped
- Core Improve: improve peer connection request algorithm: assign high priority for newly added peers, and clean up dead peers with failures
- Core Improve: enable Long-Term seeding immediately after new torrent created
- Core Improve: max allowed connection interval of tracker changed to 120 minutes
- Core Improve: add advanced option: BitTorrent.save_connected_peers_only
- Core Bugfix: when select part of files in torrent to download, the left size sent to tracker should include all uncompleted files
- Core Bugfix: the upload, download size in first announce to the tracker is incorrect when task restart after stop
- Core Bugfix: announcement not sent to the tracker when task restart immediately after stop
- Core Bugfix: no DHT nodes should be written into the torrent when DHT Network option unselected in torrent maker window
- Core Bugfix: connection error after first announce to HTTPS tracker
- Core Bugfix: HTTP download fails when URL contains IPv6 address host
- Core Bugfix: improve stability of Long-Term Seeding disk cache
Size: 2.49 MB