BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file sharing (P2P) communications protocol. It is a method of distributing large amounts of data widely without the original distributor incurring the entire costs of hardware, hosting and bandwidth resources.
The protocol was designed in April 2001, implemented and first released 2 July 2001 by programmer Bram Cohen, and is now maintained by BitTorrent, Inc. It identifies content by URL and is designed to integrate seamlessly with the Web.
Its advantage over plain HTTP is that when multiple downloads of the same file happen concurrently, the downloaders upload to each other, making it possible for the file source to support very large numbers of downloaders with only a modest increase in its load.
Serving large files creates problems of scaling, flash crowds, and reliability. The key to cheap file distribution is to tap the unutilized upload capacity of your customers.
- Dynamic bandwidth management – download without disrupting other applications
- Detailed stats on the health of media files provides a safer, more controlled experience
- No hardware configuration – reduced hassle of fast downloads
The new BitTorrent brings together BitTorrent’s proven expertise in networking protocols with µTorrent’s efficient implementation and compelling UI to create a better BitTorrent client.
Main Features of BitTorrent:
- Lightweight client
- Local peer discovery
- Multiple simultaneous downloads
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Global and per-torrent speed limiting
- Quick-resumes for interrupted transfers
- RSS Downloader
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT)
- Always Spyware-Free
BitTorrent chooses peers in a swarm. Designed by Arvid Norberg, Canonical Peer Priority is a way to help peers connect to the swarm faster, as well as reduce the average hop length from you to any other peer in the swarm.
When a BitTorrent client joins a swarm, it needs a way to select which peers it connects to. If it chooses poorly, or if there are malicious actors in the swarm, the connections between clients are not well distributed through the swarm. That leads to a large number of hops from node to node. As a result, that slows down the ability of each client to pass data on to the next.
Bit Torrent Pro Features:
- Antivirus protection
- HD media player
- File converter
- Remote, secure access to files
Changes in version BitTorrent 7.10.5 Build 45496:
- Mute/unmute TronTV on minimize/restore
- Fix rollout percentage calculation
- Cleanup extra unchoke slot logic
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Android 5.0 and later.
Size: 30.05 MB