DC++ is an open source file sharing client for Windows for the Direct Connect and Advanced Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The DC++ client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ is a highly ranked piece of software among the projects hosted at Sourceforge. With more than fifty million downloads, new users continue to find benefits from the software every day.
DC++ is, based on observable factors, the most prevalent client on the Direct Connect network.
DC++ is free software, written in C++ for the Direct Connect and licensed under the GNU GPL 2.
- No ads, spyware, or bundled software that you don’t need
- Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs at the same time
- Multiple protocol support (ADC & NMDC)
- List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
- Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
- Search across all (or selected) connected hubs by file type, size, name or hash
- Resume of downloads, with optional automatic search for alternate sources by TTH
- Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
- Automatic connectivity setup with autoconfiguration of UPnP and NAT-PMP routers
- MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
- Automatic and manual download priorities
- Saving of user’s file lists for browsing and queueing
- GUI is translated into many languages using community supplied Gettext .po language files
- Segmented downloading
- NAT-Traversal support
- SSL encrypted secure hub-client communication and file transfers
- Bandwidth limiting capabilities
- Plugin support
Changes in DC++ 0.867:
- Prevent remote crashes from malevolent UDP data
Size: 88.0 MB