Deluge is a lightweight, full-featured, free cross-platform BitTorrent client for Windows, Linux, OS X, and Unix. It uses libtorrent in its backend and features multiple user-interfaces including GTK+, web, and console.
Deluge has been designed using the client-server model with a daemon process that handles all the BitTorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.
The application features a rich plugin collection. Actually, most of Deluge’s functionality is available in the form of plugins.
The program was created with the intention of being lightweight and unobtrusive. The downloading shouldn’t be the primary task on your computer and therefore shouldn’t monopolize system resources.
The application is not designed for anyone desktop environment and will work just fine in GNOME, KDE, XFCE and others. It is a free program and is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Core/UI split allowing Deluge to run as a daemon
- Connect remotely to the Deluge daemon
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT
- Local Peer Discovery (aka LSD)
- FAST protocol extension
- µTorrent Peer Exchange
- Private Torrents
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Web seed
- Global and per-torrent speed limits
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Password protection
- RSS (via Plugin)
- Proxy support
- Web UI
- Console UI
- GTK+ UI
- Other libtorrent features
- And much more!
What’s New in Deluge 2.0:
- Migrated to Python 3 with minimal support retained for Python 2.7.
- Shiny new logo.
- Multi-user support.
- Performance updates to handle thousands of torrents with faster loading times.
- A New Console UI which emulates GTK/Web UIs.
- GTK UI migrated to GTK3 with UI improvements and additions.
- Magnet pre-fetching to allow file selection when adding torrent.
- Fully support libtorrent 1.2 release.
- Language switching support.
- Improved documentation hosted on ReadTheDocs.
- AutoAdd plugin replaces built-in functionality.
Changes in Deluge 2.0.2:
- Add systemd deluged and deluge-web service files to package tarball (#2034)
- Fix Python 2 compatibility issue with SimpleNamespace.
Deluge application is available for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
Size: 15.4 MB