qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
The user interface is similar to the one of the official BitTorrent client: µTorrent. This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux.
qBittorrent is a multi-platform BitTorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez. Its main features are its integrated search engine (allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion).
Its support for l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain) prioritizing, remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers, and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.1.6:
- BUGFIX: Force rechecks multiple torrents one by one in all possible cases. Closes #9120 (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Don’t query Google for tracker favicons, for privacy reasons (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Work around the crash occurred in QTimer. Closes #9985 (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Increase the .torrent file download size limit to 100 MiB (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Disable downloading tracker favicons by default. Works around reported crashes in Linux. Closes #9667 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Separate URL components before percent-decoding. Allow special characters in query string parameters. Closes #9116
- WEBUI: Prevent login credential appearing in URL. Closes #10221 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Fix translatable strings (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Correctly handle ‘+’ sign in x-www-form-urlencoded data. Closes #10451 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Remove closed connections immediately. Closes #10487 (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Fix “Create subfolder” option is not working. Closes ##10392 (Chocobo1)
- SEARCH: Make num enter key work the same as a return in searchjobwidget (thalieht)
- LINUX: Make window title bar icon work in Wayland (Peter Eszlari)
- LINUX: Update appdata.xml file (Chocobo1)
- MACOS: Fix progress bar drawing by using a different style than native (Nick Korotysh)
- MACOS: Updated and cleaned up fields in Info.plist (Nick Korotysh)
- OTHER: Mention more translators in the about tab. Closes #10043 (sledgehammer999)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave
Size: 19.3 MB