The qBittorrent mission goals are to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all main operating systems. The user interface is much like the µTorrent, one of many official BitTorrent clients.
This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux. qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez.
Its important features are its built-in search engine. It allows looking for torrents from the primary torrent Web websites concurrently in a clear style.
qBittorrent supports l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, BitTorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) suitable with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain).
qBittorrent is predicated on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. Moreover, it supports distant management via a safe Web User Interface.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most well-known BitTorrent search websites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote management via a Web user interface
- Nearly equivalent to the common UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced management over trackers, friends, and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content choice and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian suitable)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “DOWNLOAD in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.3.8:
- BUGFIX: Delay processing of watched folders (#15282) (glasses)
- BUGFIX: Use the same icon for choosing folders/files (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Use default upper limits for ddns entries (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Expose SSRF mitigation (#15247) (Sylvain Finot)
- WEBUI: Update WebUI libraries (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Group trackers by hostname (#15264) (Mengyang Li)
- WEBUI: Improve “last activity” calculation in WebAPI (#15339) (Chocobo1)
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Add Polish translation (#15262) (Matthaiks)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina
Size: 24.3 MB