The qBittorrent mission goals to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all main operating systems. The user interface is much like the µTorrent, one of many official BitTorrent clients.
This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux. qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez.
Its important features are its built-in search engine. It allows looking for torrents from the primary torrent Web websites concurrently in a clear style.
qBittorrent supports l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, BitTorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) suitable with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain).
qBittorrent is predicated on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. Moreover, it supports distant management via a safe Web User Interface.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most well-known BitTorrent search websites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote management via a Web user interface
- Nearly equivalent to the common UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced management over trackers, friends, and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content choice and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian suitable)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “DOWNLOAD in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.3.6:
- FEATURE: New languages: Mongolian, Persian, Thai
- BUGFIX: Provide correct error description in “upload mode” (glasses)
- BUGFIX: Allow adding torrents with relative save path (glasses)
- BUGFIX: Fix the main window turns blank after restoring from tray (#15031) (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Remove the lock file on exit (#14997) (brvphoenix)
- BUGFIX: Improve the “Watched Folders” feature (glasses)
- BUGFIX: Keep sub-sorting order (#15074) (Dmitry Khlestkov)
- BUGFIX: Properly add torrent with new tags (glasses)
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Update Japanese, Turkish, Hungarian, Swedish translation (maboroshin, Burak Yavuz, xkrstudio, nonew-star)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina
Size: 24 MB