The qBittorrent mission goals to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all main operating systems. The user interface is much like the µTorrent, one of many official BitTorrent clients.
This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux. qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez.
Its important features are its built-in search engine. It allows looking for torrents from the primary torrent Web websites concurrently in a clear style.
qBittorrent supports l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, BitTorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) suitable with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain).
qBittorrent is predicated on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. Moreover, it supports distant management via a safe Web User Interface.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most well-known BitTorrent search websites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote management via a Web user interface
- Nearly equivalent to the common UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced management over trackers, friends, and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content choice and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian suitable)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “DOWNLOAD in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.3.5:
- BUGFIX: Move the cursor to the top when auto-filling URL/hash in the “Download from URLs” dialog (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Sort invalid QDateTime values after legitimate values (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fix tabChangesFocus attribute in “Edit trackers” dialog (Christoph Rackwitz)
- BUGFIX: Update DynDNS register URL (zhuangzi926)
- BUGFIX: Handle “not enough disk space” error more graciously (glasses)
- BUGFIX: Correctly draw progress background with a stylesheet (jagannatharjun)
- WEBUI: Fix magnet URL from the search facility (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Revise folder monitoring capabilities (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Fix magnet URL from the browser (brvphoenix)
- WEBUI: Allow to specify file indexes in torrents/files API (glasses)
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Allow more strings to translated (bovirus, Chocobo1)
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Update Italian, German, Estonian, Russian, PortugueseBR translations (bovirus, Henry Water, PriitUring, ???????? ???????, Felipe)
- LINUX: Fix D-Bus Notification `desktop-entry` area (Chocobo1)
- MACOS: Don’t use executable identify as CFBundleName worth (Nick Korotysh)
- OTHER: Lower Qt requirement to 5.11 (sledgehammer999)
- OTHER: Clarify that the license is GPLv2+ (sledgehammer999)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina
Size: 24 MB