The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major operating systems. The user interface is similar to the µTorrent, one of the official BitTorrent client.
This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux. qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez.
Its main features are its integrated search engine. It allows searching for torrents from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion.
qBittorrent supports l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, BitTorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. Moreover, it supports remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers, and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “DOWNLOAD in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.3.3:
- FEATURE: New languages: Azerbaijani, Estonian
- BUGFIX: Unify global speed dialogs for normal/alternative speeds (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Increase maximum global speed limits ~2 GiB/s (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Save fast resume when setting torrent speed limits (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Group several torrent options into one dialog (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Capitalize locale names (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Improve content file/folder names handling (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Drop notification about move storage finished or failed (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Reload “missing files” torrent instead of re-checking (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Remember dialog sizes (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Improve detection of file extension string (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Don’t call non-existent elements (glassez)
- WEBUI: Update “Keep top-level folder” in WebUI options (thalieht)
- MACOS: QMake: Raise minimal macOS target version to 10.14 (glassez)
- LINUX: Use legacy ‘data’ directory only as a fallback (lbilli)
- OTHER: Bump project requirement to C++17 (Chocobo1)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina
Size: 22.8 MB