qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
The user interface is similar to the one of the official BitTorrent client: µTorrent. This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux.
qBittorrent is a multi-platform BitTorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez. Its main features are its integrated search engine (allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion).
Its support for l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain) prioritizing, remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers, and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “DOWNLOAD in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.2.1:
- FEATURE: Enable portable mode if “profile” directory exists (Tester798)
- FEATURE: Enable “Apply rate limit to peers on LAN” option by default (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Sync translations from Transifex and run the update (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Don’t unnecessarily delete OS files in folders (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Use the incomplete folder where appropriate (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Align Properties tab bar correctly on window resize (Prince Gupta)
- BUGFIX: Rework the listening IP/interface selection code (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix inconsistent icon for deleting torrent (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Show torrent error message in transfer list (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fix stuck in the wrong torrent state (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Expand single-item folders in torrent content (warren)
- WEBUI: Bump Web API version (sledgehammer999)
- WEBUI: Add ability to rename torrent files from the WebUI (Thomas Piccirillo)
- WEBUI: Mention lack of HTTPS in WebUI magnet link warning (nl6720)
- WEBUI: Fix HTML elements size in search tab (Chocobo1)
- SEARCH: Fix incorrect translation displayed after language change (Chocobo1)
- SEARCH: Fix missing translations in search plugins dialog (Chocobo1)
- WINDOWS: Update Russian translation of the installer (Andrei Stepanov)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave
Size: 22.1 MB