Tixati is a peer-to-peer file-sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers. Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available.
Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding. Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
Tixati has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announcement, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
On some internet connections, especially DSL and Cable modems, too much outgoing traffic can choke off all traffic and will affect your download speed. Tixati features both incoming and outgoing bandwidth throttles. It is generally not necessary to set the incoming bandwidth throttle, but all users should set the outgoing throttle to prevent too much outgoing traffic from slowing your downloads.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
Changes in Tixati 2.76:
- tracker timing improvements, colors for the status column
- added default tracker merge option to Settings > User Interface > Duplicate transfer prompt
- major improvements to the channel ban/moderation system
- added /banaddrmode off/on/wide/vwide to set the default address masking options when using /ban
- added /banignored off/on to automatically ban users that you ignore
- added /unbanunignored off/on to automatically unban users that you unignore
- improved channel connection cert selection eliminated connection problems when user re-joins after the ban and unban
- user ignore/unignore are propagated to all other channels where that user is present, and also the contact list
- from search results, a user can be right-clicked and ignored
- ignored users are indicated in red in search results
- added /banid /widebanid /vwidebanid command to ban user by its ID, which can be copied by right-clicking
- clicking a user name in the main chat view while holding the Ctrl key will paste the user’s name into the message entry box
- clicking a user in the main chat view while holding the ctrl+shift keys will paste the user’s ID into the message entry box
- added Copy Name option to user right-click menu in the chat view
- user name change and level change notifications in chat view are toggled on/off using /notify command, along with join/leave
- more aggressive channel DHT search intervals during the first few minutes of operation, especially for owner/manager/op/mod
- improvements to channel status messages
- several new hotkeys added
- ctrl-f in transfers view will show the filter bar, depress the filter button, and set focus to the filter edit box
- ESC on the filter bar edit box will clear all text
- F2 to edit any selected tracker, file, or transfer
- the delete key will delete any selected transfer, including its files, subject to confirmation if not using OS recycle bin
- in the tracker’s tab or main transfer view, the delete key will remove any selected tracker
- ctrl-c in search view to copy links of selected results
- ctrl-c in channels list view to copy links of selected channels
- ctrl-v in channels list view to create a new channel from a link on the clipboard
- enter key in many tree views is equivalent to double-click on the current selection
- updated double-click defaults in Settings > User Interface > Behavior > Double-click actions
- active tab in transfer/peer / RSS property windows is now saved
- rewrote Linux GTK tab-view sizing algorithm so that tabs can be shrunk to the minimum size for only the showing tab
- added edit box colors and new tracker status colors to the custom colors selection in Settings > User Interface > Custom Colors
- updated IP location tables
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 14.6 MB