Tribler is an open-source peer-to-peer client with numerous features for watching videos online. The user interface could be very primary and targeted on ease of use, as an alternative of together with features.
This program relies on the BitTorrent protocol and makes use of an overlay network for content looking. Due to this overlay network, Tribler doesn’t require an exterior website or indexing service to find content.
Tribler was created by university researchers attempting to enhance peer-to-peer technology. The application enhances BitTorrent by removing the necessity for central components such because the websites for locating content. The intention is to extend performance, reliability, and scalability.
The most important features include video-only looking, experimental video streaming, and a built-in video player. The SwarmPlayer is a Python-based BitTorrent Internet TV viewer. It allows you to observe BitTorrent-hosted peer-to-peer digital media distribution of video on demand and performs live streaming media.
Tribler provides keyword search skills to the BitTorrent file download protocol using a gossip protocol. That is considerably just like the eXeem network which was shut down in 2005.
After a dozen downloads, this software program can roughly estimate the download style of the user and recommends content. This feature relies on collaborative filtering, additionally featured on websites resembling Last.fm and Amazon.com.
Another feature is a restricted form of social networking and donation of upload capability. Tribler includes the power to mark particular users as online buddies. Such buddies allow rising the download speed of files by using their upload capability. Due to those features, this software program differs from different popular BitTorrent clients resembling Vuze and μTorrent.
Changes in Tribler 7.10.0:
- Add version community mixin
- Remove DNS lookup when contacting UDP trackers through a proxy
- Ensure TorrentChecker.check_random_tracker makes requests using the default hop count
- Update Socks5ClientUDPConnection.sendto to support hostnames
- Fix typos in Socks5Client tests
- Fix tunnel_helper –restapi option
- Fix adding torrent to the personal channel after creating a torrent
- Fix mismatched channel disconnects
- Remove redundant timeout check-in version check manager
- Uncover the real exception from CoreConnectTimeoutError
- Add user-agent header to version check request
- Remove focus rectangle on channels path breadcrumb
- Fix incorrect translation crashing Settings page
- Fix incorrect (un)quote of torrents’ file-URIs
- Add autogenerated swagger.yaml to .gitignore
- Remove v7.4 checkpoints that can’t be converted
- Update IPv8 pointer
- Don’t re-join a hidden swarm after having downloaded the meta info
- Fix some formatting issues in TriblerTunnelCommunity
- Removed unnecessary code
- Don’t log HTTPNotFound exceptions
- Allow request to the downloads endpoint even if MetadataStore is disabled
- Fixes: Object BandwidthTransaction was deleted outside of a current transaction
- Fixes: Move an async function call out of the db_session scope
- Change GigaChannel community id
- Disable old reporter
- Refactor test_get_first_free_port
- Fix dirty flag dropped when going back through channels stack
- Fix thumbnails remaining on jumping to root channel view
- Fix collection always in a preview state
- Update zh_CN translation
- Update ru_RU translation and add dialog strings
- Fix loading animation not hiding on going back in channels stack
- Fix channel navigation not showing during preview loading
- Change spacer height
- Move to add channel button under channels list
- Change QSS styling for the main window
- Rearrange left menu
- Fix Pylint issues
- Add seeder
- Fix seeding ratio
- Refactor store
- Update pt_BR localization
- Fix missing % in the translated string
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
- macOS Yosemite or newer.
- Linux Ubuntu.
Size: 61.1 MB