Tribler is an open-source peer-to-peer client with numerous features for watching videos online. The user interface could be very primary and targeted on ease of use, as an alternative of together with features.
This program relies on the BitTorrent protocol and makes use of an overlay network for content looking. Due to this overlay network, Tribler doesn’t require an exterior website or indexing service to find content.
Tribler was created by university researchers attempting to enhance peer-to-peer technology. The application enhances BitTorrent by removing the necessity for central components such because the websites for locating content. The intention is to extend performance, reliability, and scalability.
The most important features include video-only looking, experimental video streaming, and a built-in video player. The SwarmPlayer is a Python-based BitTorrent Internet TV viewer. It allows you to observe BitTorrent-hosted peer-to-peer digital media distribution of video on demand and performs live streaming media.
Tribler provides keyword search skills to the BitTorrent file download protocol using a gossip protocol. That is considerably just like the eXeem network which was shut down in 2005.
After a dozen downloads, this software program can roughly estimate the download style of the user and recommends content. This feature relies on collaborative filtering, additionally featured on websites resembling Last.fm and Amazon.com.
Another feature is a restricted form of social networking and donation of upload capability. Tribler includes the power to mark particular users as online buddies. Such buddies allow rising the download speed of files by using their upload capability. Due to those features, this software program differs from different popular BitTorrent clients resembling Vuze and μTorrent.
Changes in Tribler 7.9.0:
- Skip version cleanup on deployment check
- Disable well-being column on Popular web page
- Add rationalization for Popular web page
- Make torrent well messaging processing threaded
- Fix recognition endpoint to restrict choice by the last 24hrs
- Update IPv8 pointer
- Add e2e circuit speedtest experiment
- Add exit circuit speedtest experiment
- Add hidden peer discovery experiment
- Add support for removing previous state directories to improve
- Fixed bug with LedgerZero timestamps
- Add EVA protocol
- Hide torrent count when no count information available
- Enriched log entry with peer information
- Extend try-except block to the entire function
- Fix incorrectly updating channel progress from downloads
- Replace “main” with “latest” for readthedocs.io hyperlinks
- Docstrings added
- Remove specific inheritance from the object class
- Combine multiple checks right into a single one for simplicity
- Use pure-python is_bencoded function as an alternative of libtorrent.bencode in TriblerTunnelCommunity Handle settings passed as dict
- Make libtorrent import optionally available
- Replace “devel” with “main”
- Add extra tags
- Make some imports in Session optionally available
- Optionally connect the tribler-debug-ui webapp to the RootEndpoint
- Replace logfunc() by self.logger.data()
- Update IPv8 pointer
- Remove legacy GigaChannelCommunity compatibility
- Extend boot logging
- Update port reference
- Extend network utils
- Change default API port to 52194
- Set Organisation for QSettings
- Fix race situation in channels load
- Add popular torrents tab
- Fix is_tribler_process function
- docs: repair easy typo, providers -> providers
- Remove hard-coded peer limits from DebugWindow
- Remove max_peers from DiscoveryBooster
- Use new IPv8 bootstrapping
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
- macOS Yosemite or newer.
- Linux Ubuntu.
Size: 60.1 MB