uTorrent is a (very) tiny BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. uTorrent is an efficient, feature-rich and built for speed. That means ultra-efficient downloads of mega-sized files. The program was designed to use as little CPU, space and memory as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.
With uTorrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files and bandwidth. Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in uTorrent. That includes bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading, and Mainline DHT.
Additionally, uTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification and peer exchange. This application was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources.
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. uTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn’t available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
- Tiny. Size is about 2 MB (smaller than a digital photo!). It installs ultra-fast with a light footprint on your computer and runs super-efficiently.
- Easy. Simple and straightforward – that’s µTorrent. With its purpose-built interface, downloading torrents is a snap.
- Accessible. Access µTorrent from anywhere with µTorrent Remote. Easily access your home clients securely (using ultra-private authentication and key-exchange).
- Innovative. Since uTorrent is offered by the team who invented the BitTorrent open-source protocol, you know you will always have access to the latest and greatest technologies.
- Fast. Expertly designed for fast downloads. Avoids hogging valuable system resources, runs quietly in the background, and doesn’t interfere with your work, play, etc.
- Cutting Edge. Incorporating groundbreaking µTP technology, µTorrent maximizes bandwidth and reduces congestion – so you have the smoothest, quickest downloads possible and don’t make your internet connection slow to a crawl.
- Intelligent. uTorrent is instinctively smart. It auto-adjusts bandwidth usage based upon your network and the Internet. Use Skype, play games, stream video, etc., all without interference.
- Plug-n-Play. The program is a snap to install on your home network. In most cases, it’s plug-n-play. uTorrent also uses UPnP and NAT-PMP technologies to prepare your router for torrent access.
Changes in µTorrent 3.5.5:
- Add globe icon for language selection in the status bar
- Default the client’s language to the OS’s language
- Fix bug preventing default values for primary/secondary DNS settings from being restored
- Avoid crash in some cases of allowing encrypted incoming peer connections
Size: 3.01 MB