mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
Serving the Internet community for over a decade, mIRC has evolved into a powerful, reliable and fun piece of technology.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, IPv6, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, UPnP, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
What’s New in mIRC 7.52
This release includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including::
- Added support for IRCv3 STS secure connection feature.
- Fixed SSL connect behaviour that prevented a retry connect attempt for non-critical SSL errors.
- Updated code signing certificate.
- Added support for IRCv3 batch feature.
- Fixed online timer bug that caused mIRC to freeze once a minute the more connected status windows were open.
- Extended ^K color support for indexes 16 to 98.
- Updated libraries to OpenSSL 1.0.2n.
- Fixed font dialog not displaying sample text correctly for certain fonts.
- Added “Hide away reminders” option that hides repeat away messages for ten minutes.
- Fixed /timer -h bug that prevented a subsequent /timer -h request from using the multimedia timer.
- Changed script editor file monitor to ignore daylight savings offset and to check file size changes.
- Changed CAP cap-notify support for NEW/DEL so that mIRC no longer disconnects/reconnects for most CAP features unless necessary.
- Changed mouse wheel scrolling to scroll by page if this option is enabled for your mouse in Windows.
- Added $fromeditbox identifier that returns $true/$false if command or identifier called directly from an editbox.
- Fixed $msfile() gpf when too many files are selected.
- Fixed regular expression bug relating to \K escape sequence.
- Added /ignore support for highlight, speech, and tips.
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10.
Size: 2.71 MB