Telegram is a cloud-based mobile and desktop instant messaging program with a focus on security and speed. This open-source application ensures pure instant messaging – simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. Over 200 million active users.
It is the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe. Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio, and files of any type. Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Default messages and media in Telegram are encrypted when stored on its servers. But they can access the Telegram service provider, who holds the encryption keys. The client-server communication is also encrypted. The service provides end-to-end encryption for voice calls.
Telegram accounts are tied to telephone numbers and are verified by SMS. Users can add multiple devices to their accounts and receive messages on each one. Moreover, you can remove the connected devices individually or all at once. The associated number you can change at any time and when doing so, the user’s contacts will receive the new number automatically.
In addition, a user can set up an alias that allows them to send and receive messages without exposing their phone number. You can delete the Telegram account at any time and they are deleted automatically after six months of inactivity by default.
Features of Telegram Messenger:
- Private – the messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct.
- Cloud-Based – lets you access your messages from multiple devices.
- Fast – the program delivers messages faster than any other application.
- Distributed – the servers are spread worldwide for security and speed.
- Open – has an open API and protocol free for everyone.
- Secure – keep your messages safe from hacker attacks.
- Powerful – no limits on the size of your media and chats.
- Connect from most remote locations.
- Coordinate groups of up to 200,000 members.
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices.
- Send documents of any type.
- Encrypt personal and business secrets.
- Destruct your messages with a timer.
- Store your media in the cloud.
- Build your own tools on our API.
- Free forever. No ads. No subscription fees.
In addition to those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. This way you can send all types of disappearing content – messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can read only the intended recipient.
Changes in Telegram 2.4.3:
- Fix sending voice messages in the scheduled messages section.
- Fix deleting profile / group / channel photos.
- Several crash fixes.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP – Windows 10 (not RT)
- Mac OS X 10.8 – Mac OS X 10.15
- Mac OS X 10.6 – Mac OS X 10.7 (separate build)
- Ubuntu 12.04 – Ubuntu 19.10
- Fedora 22 – Fedora 32
Size: 24.3 MB