Zoom is a client for meetings that provides simplified video conferencing and messaging across any device. It offers enterprise video conferencing with real-time messaging and content sharing.
Whether you are connecting multiple conference rooms or meeting with attendees from their personal desktops or mobile devices, coming together face-to-face on Zoom is as simple as a single touch. With the highest video and audio quality, bringing your team together feels just like you are in the same room. Feature-rich and simple-to-use, Zoom mobile and desktop apps bring the whole experience together with built-in cross-platform group chat.
This program enables quick adoption with meeting capabilities that make it easy to start, join, and collaborate across any device. Also, it enables internal and external communications, all-hands meetings, and training through one communications platform.
Zoom Meetings syncs with your calendar system and delivers streamlined enterprise-grade video conferencing from desktop and mobile.
Zoom is built for modern teams
- HD video and audio. Bring HD video and audio to your meetings with support for up to 1000 video participants and 49 videos on the screen.
- Built-in collaboration tools. Multiple participants can share their screens simultaneously and co-annotate for a more interactive meeting.
- Meet securely. End-to-end encryption for all meetings, role-based user security, password protection, waiting rooms, and place attendee on hold.
- Recording and transcripts. Record your meetings locally or to the cloud, with searchable transcripts.
- Streamlined calendaring. Support scheduling or starting meetings from Outlook, Gmail, or Cal.
- Team Chat. Chat with groups, searchable history, integrated file sharing, and 10-year archive. Easily escalate into 1:1 or group calls.
Zoom Meetings for desktop and mobile provides the tools:
- Focus on your meeting – click record to leave the note-taking to Zoom’s auto-generated, searchable transcripts
- Share and play videos with full audio and video transmit without uploading the content
- Look meeting-ready with Virtual Backgrounds and Touch Up My Appearance
A thoughtful approach to mobile meetings:
Today’s mobile professionals need to be able to work and video conference wherever they are. Zoom Meetings for mobile provides the same great experience that you’d expect from the desktop client and more.
- Turn on Virtual Backgrounds and select the image of your choice (iPhone 8+ required)
- Share your screen and co-annotate
- Use Safe Driving Mode or Apple Carplay (iPhone only)
Integrated persistent messaging streamlines workspace collaboration across the desktop and mobile clients.
- Create private or public groups
- Share files and search content
- Seamlessly start a meeting
Keep participants engaged
Power interactive meetings from any location.
- Enable polling and Q&A
- Allow virtual hand-raising
- Track engagement with Attention Indicator
Administration and remote assistance made easy
Centralized IT management and remote assistance simplify deployment and support.
- Track utilization and usage trends
- View version distribution
- Assign granular permission settings (account, group, and user level)
Add audio options for everyone.
- Free VoIP and toll-based dial-in for 55+ countries
- Global toll-free and call-out
- Dedicated dial-in numbers
One unified app for phone, video, meetings, and chat
- Seamlessly make and receive phone calls, share content, participate in video meetings, and send chat messages from Zoom
desktop and mobile apps
- Easily elevate phone calls to a Zoom Meeting without requiring participants to hang up and dial-in to a separate conference bridge
- Native apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android are designed for ease of use while maximizing voice and video quality of service.
Changes in Zoom 5.2.0 (42619.0804):
Changes to existing features
- Meeting and webinar passwords now called Passcodes. Meeting and webinar passwords will now be called Passcodes to prevent confusion with your individual user password, which should never be shared.
- Show the annotator’s name by default. The Show Names of Annotators option while sharing content is now on by default.
- Removed appended space after @mentions. When users enter a chat @mention, space is no longer automatically appended after the @mention. Spaces are still appended when users enter multiple subsequent @mentions.
New and enhanced features
- Meeting/webinar features
- Video filters. Users can apply video filters to alter the look of their video with color grading, foreground, and frame filters.
- Share PowerPoint as Virtual Background in Beta. Users can select a PowerPoint file to use as their virtual background and move through the slides with the left and right arrows. This option is under Share Screen in the advanced options. It is currently a beta feature.
- Adjust Touch Up My Appearance. Users can adjust the skin smoothness applied with the Touch Up My Appearance feature.
- Adjust video brightness.
Users can choose to adjust the brightness of their video automatically or manually with a slider in their video settings. This feature is useful in low-light environments.
- Improved background noise suppression
Users can adjust the background noise suppression applied, choosing to enable Low, Medium, High, or Automatic background noise suppression.
- Settings for hardware acceleration for screen sharing and whiteboard. Users can now choose to enable hardware acceleration for screen sharing or whiteboard individually.
- Support for Virtual Background on additional processors. Virtual Background is now supported on Intel i3 quad-core generation 8 or higher and an Intel i4 or higher.
- Support for gallery view for 49 participants on additional processors. AMD Ryzen 5 series now supports gallery view with 49 participants when only a single monitor is being used. AMD Ryzen 7 and 9 series and Intel i5 4-core 4th generation or higher now supports gallery view with 49 participants on single or dual monitors.
- Meeting features
- Share files with Microsoft SharePoint. Attendees can now share files from SharePoint directly through in-meeting chat
- Improved Waiting Room notifications. The host now receives more notifications about attendees entering the waiting room, including during screen share and when Zoom is minimized/hidden.
- Additional meeting reactions. In addition to the clapping and thumbs up reactions, meeting participants can now react with a heart, surprised face, laughing face, or party emoji. Those receiving the reactions will also need to have the latest version of the Zoom client to see them.
- Chat features
- Invite members by channel or organization. Channel and group chat admins can add members by selecting an existing channel and inviting all of those members to their channel or group chat. They can also choose to invite an entire organization to a channel or group chat.
- Record and send a voice message. Users can now record and send a voice message in a one-on-one chat or a channel.
- Manage channel posting permissions. Channel and group chat admins can manage the posting permissions to choose who can send messages in their channel or group chat. They can choose to select everyone, admin only, or admin plus specific users.
- Microsoft SharePoint File Storage Integration. Users can now upload or download files from Microsoft SharePoint.
- Mute channel notifications. Users can now mute channel or group chat notifications, which will remove all push notifications as well as the red icon next to the channel or group chat name, on the Chat tab in the header of their client, and on the Zoom app on their dock. Users can hover over the channel name and click the downward arrow to find this setting.
- Support the first name only for @mentions. When users press backspace on an @mention to delete the user’s last name, it will continue to support the @mention functionality.
- Phone features
- Transfer call to any meeting. Users can transfer the active call to any meeting or enter a meeting URL.
- Hotkey support. Users can use keyboard shortcuts to control Zoom Phone, such as accept/decline call, end call, mute/unmute, and hold call.
- View transcriptions of call recordings. Users can view the transcript of their ad-hoc or automatic call recordings while playing back the recording.
- Combined search results for extension and direct numbers. Search results in Zoom Phone combine each phone user’s extension and direct numbers into a single search result. Previously, there were separate search results for each number.
- Icons for call quality and encryption. While in a call, users will see icons to indicate call quality and encryption.
- General features
- Security section when scheduling a meeting. To allow easier access, Passcode and Waiting Room settings are displayed under the Security section when scheduling a new meeting.
- Screen reader alerts. Users can now enable screen reader alerts to choose which notifications they would like their screen reader to announce.
- Improved video and content sharing. Upgrades to video and content sharing to improve video quality, decrease bandwidth and CPU usage, and improve text clarity
- Save a Multi-page Whiteboard. Meeting attendees can save a multi-page whiteboard as a single PDF or multiple PNGs.
- Sync Zoom presence to Outlook. A user’s presence in Zoom can be synced to Outlook, sharing whether a user is in a meeting, busy, or available. The Outlook icons will be used for the status, but the wording will match what is displayed in Zoom. Users can manually override their status in Outlook.
- Set Zoom as the default communication option in Outlook. Users can set Zoom as their default communication option in Outlook, allowing users to meet, chat, or call their contacts through Zoom with one-click.
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect date was showing when scheduling new meetings for a subset of users
- Fixes an issue where users received multiple notifications simultaneously of audio changes
- Fixes an issue where Zoom windows were shared when the user checked the option Optimize Share for Full Screen Video Clip
- Minor bug fixes
Supported Operating Systems:
- Android 5.0 or later
- iOS 8.0 or later
Size: 12.6 MB