Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 lets you accomplish more with rich Outlook experiences on phones, tablets, desktop, and the Web. Integration with Outlook, SharePoint and OneDrive for Business helps you experience collaboration better when receiving, editing and sharing documents without ever having to leave Outlook. New search capabilities deliver faster performance and more accurate results.
Inbox enhancements in Outlook 2016 and Outlook on the web, such as inline previews for URLs and inline video, help you stay focused and productive. A simplified architecture brings new levels of reliability with automated repair and faster recovery. Expanded data loss prevention, easier auditing, and faster and more reliable eDiscovery help your organization comply with legal requirements.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 brings a new set of technologies, features, and services to Exchange Server. Its goal is to support people and organizations as their work habits evolve from a communication focus to a collaboration focus. At the same time, Exchange 2016 helps lower the total cost of ownership whether you deploy Exchange 2016 on-premises or provision your mailboxes in the cloud.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 builds on and improves features introduced in Exchange 2013, including Data Loss Prevention, Managed Availability, automatic recovery from storage failures, and the web-based Exchange admin center.
Here are a few of the new Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 capabilities:
- Better collaboration: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 includes a new approach to attachments that simplify document sharing and eliminates version control headaches. In Outlook 2016 or Outlook on the web, you can now attach a document as a link to SharePoint 2016 (currently in preview) or OneDrive for Business instead of a traditional attachment, providing the benefits of co-authoring and version control.
- Improved Outlook web experience: Continuing our effort to provide you with a first class web experience across devices, we’ve made significant updates to Outlook on the web. New features include Sweep, Pin, Undo, inline reply, a new single-line inbox view, improved HTML rendering, new themes, emojis, and more.
- Search: A lightning-fast search architecture delivers more accurate and complete results. Outlook 2016 is optimized to use the power of the Exchange 2016 back end to help you find things faster, across old mail and new. Search also gets more intelligent with Search suggestions, People suggestions, search refiners, and the ability to search for events in your Calendar.
- Greater extensibility: An expanded Add-In model for Outlook desktop and Outlook on the web allows developers to build features right into the Outlook experience. Add-ins can now integrate with UI components in new ways: as highlighted text in the body of a message or meeting, in the right-hand task pane when composing or reading a message or meeting, and as a button or a dropdown option in the Outlook ribbon.
- eDiscovery: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 has a revamped discovery pipeline that is significantly faster and more scalable. Reliability is improved due to a new search architecture that is asynchronous and distributes the work across multiple servers with better fault tolerance. You also have the ability to search, hold and export content from public folders.
- Simplified architecture: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016’s architecture reflects the way we deploy Exchange in Office 365 and is an evolution and refinement of Exchange 2013. A combined mailbox and client access server role makes it easier to plan and scale your on-premises and hybrid deployments. Coexistence with Exchange 2013 is simplified, and namespace planning is easier.
- High availability: Automated repair improvements such as database divergence detection make Exchange easier than ever to run in a highly available way. Stability and performance enhancements from Office 365, many of which were so useful that we shipped them in Exchange 2013 Cumulative Updates, are also baked into the product.
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64 bit).
Size: 1.7 GB
Size: 1.7 GB