Microsoft SQL Server 2017 delivers industry-leading OLTP, the least vulnerable database, end-to-end mobile BI, in-database advanced analytics, from on-premises to the cloud.
Microsoft SQL Server is the platform of choice across data types, languages/frameworks, on premise and in the cloud, on Windows and Linux.
Microsoft SQL Server’s consistent programming surface area means all your applications can take advantage of SQL Server’s advanced security and performance features, regardless of size. Scale across editions as you grow for lower TCO.
It is the biggest leap forward in Microsoft’s data platform history with real-time operational analytics, rich visualizations on mobile devices, built-in advanced analytics. Also it has new advanced security technology, and new hybrid cloud scenarios.
Comprehensive security features like new Always Encrypted technology help protect your data at rest and in motion. And a world-class high availability and disaster recovery solution adds new enhancements to AlwaysOn technology.
Organizations will gain deeper insights into all of their data with new capabilities. That go beyond business intelligence to perform advanced analytics directly within their database. Also present rich visualizations for business insights on any device.
You can also gain the benefits of hyper-scale cloud with new hybrid scenarios. That enables new Stretch Database technology. It lets you dynamically stretch your warm and cold transactional data to Microsoft Azure in a secured way. So your data is always at hand for queries, no matter the size. In addition, Microsoft SQL Server 2017 delivers a complete database platform for hybrid cloud, enabling you to easily build, deploy and manage solutions that span on-premises and cloud.
Benefits of Microsoft SQL Server 2017:
- Enhanced in-memory performance provide up to 30x faster transactions. More than 100x faster queries than disk based relational databases and real-time operational analytics.
- New Always Encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, on-premises and in the cloud, with master keys sitting with the application, without application changes.
- Built-in advanced analytics. Provide the scalability and performance benefits of building and running your advanced analytics algorithms directly in the core SQL Server transactional database.
- Business insights through rich visualizations on mobile devices with native apps for Windows, iOS and Android.
- Simplify management of relational and non-relational data with ability to query both through standard T-SQL using PolyBase technology.
- Stretch Database technology keeps more of your customer’s historical data at your fingertips. It transparently stretches your warm and cold OLTP data to Microsoft Azure in a secure manner without application changes.
- Faster hybrid backups, high availability and disaster recovery scenarios to backup and restore your on-premises databases to
Microsoft Azure and place your SQL Server AlwaysOn secondaries in Azure
Supported Operating System: Linux, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016
Size: 1.95 GB