openSUSE is a free and Linux-based operating system in your PC, Laptop, or Server. You can surf the web, handle e-mails and images, do office work, play videos or music, and have numerously enjoyable!
Like most distributions, it includes each a default graphical user interface (GUI) and a command-line interface option. It allows the user (throughout installation) to pick which GUI they are comfortable with (both KDE or GNOME).
Supports 1000’s application packages throughout the complete vary of open source growth.
openSUSE supports the 32-bit and 64-bit systems. The bundle comes with new features and updates. Moreover, it includes SpiderOak to sync your files throughout the Internet for free, Rosegarden for free modifying of your audio files.
Also has improved indexing with Tracker, and updates to Mozilla Firefox, and Thunderbird.
The openSUSE challenge is a worldwide group program sponsored by Novell that promotes the use of Linux in every single place.
openSUSE creates one of many world’s greatest Linux distributions, working collectively in an open, clear, and friendly method as a part of the worldwide Free and Open Source Software group.
The challenge is managed by its group. It depends on the contributions of people, working as testers, writers, translators, usability specialists, artists, and ambassadors or developers. The challenge embraces all kinds of technology, people with completely different levels of experience, talking completely different languages, and having completely different cultural backgrounds.
The goals of the challenge are:
- Make this OS the simplest Linux distribution for anybody to acquire and probably the most broadly used open-source platform.
- Provide an environment for open source collaboration. That makes open SUSE the world’s greatest Linux distribution for new and skilled Linux users.
- Dramatically simplify and open the development and packaging processes. That makes open SUSE the platform of alternative for Linux hackers and application developers.
openSUSE shares many features with SUSE Linux Enterprise offerings:
- AppArmor: offers certain applications rights-based mostly on how they run and work together with the environment.
- YaST: a system management application that’s used as a Control Center.
- Xen: virtualization program
- The KDE (prolonged with such tools as Kickoff and KNetworkManager) and GNOME desktop environments
- Compiz: a 3D desktop that runs on XGL.
The world is mobile and openSUSE is too. Look no additional for an operating system that allows you to work together with all the present devices. Be it the more and more popular Android, the stylish iPhone, or the enterprise workhorse BlackBerry. You can handle all of them. Sync your music, access your images, or use your phone to provide internet access. Simply be mobile!
Among these many new features, there are additionally offered support for netbooks and the Btrfs file system support. Users can count on to see improved hardware support with the Linux Kernel and up-to-date graphics drivers. And support for the following technology of interactive computing for touchscreens just like the HP TouchSmart.
- 2 GHz dual-core processor or higher
- 2 GB system memory
- Over 40GB of free hard drive space
- Either a DVD drive or USB port for the installation media
- Internet access is useful and required for the Network Installer
Size: 4.36 GB