Advanced Installer Architect is a powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool, enabling developers to create reliable MSI packages that meet the latest Microsoft Windows logo certification guidelines. Extremely easy to use, powerful, fast and lightweight.
Advanced Installer Architect simplifies the process of building Windows Installer packages by providing a very easy to use, high-level interface to the underlying technology. The program implements all Windows Installer rules and follows all the advised best practices.
With this simple, intuitive interface, building a Windows Installer package will take just a few minutes. Start the program, add a few files, change the name, hit the Build button and you are done. No scripts to learn, no seminars to attend.
Advanced Installer Architect project files are stored in XML format. This way, they can be easily checked into a version control system. The software installer also operates at the command line, so you can build your release packages in a completely automated script, like Make, Ant or NAnt. Furthermore, the most common operations are also implemented as command line actions, so you can modify your project in an automated fashion.
Advanced Installer Architect will organize your application in Features and Components as per Windows Installer guidelines. This way you can take advantage of advanced software installer features like partial install and repair without having to do anything. Further customizing the organization is easy and intuitive.
Packed as native EXEs, DLLs or script files and written in C, C++, VBS or JS, Custom Actions give you the full power to add anything you want, anywhere you want to your software installer.
Advanced Installer Architect Top Features:
- MSI. Create valid MSI setups for your applications respecting all written and unwritten Windows Installer rules.
- UAC. Build installers that run flawlessly on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista supporting their security model.
- Side-by-Side. Create packages for different versions of your application.
- Imports. Import from Visual Studio, InstallShield LE, WiX, Eclipse, Inno Setup, NSIS and regular MSI/MSM packages.
- Fonts. Register fonts in the Windows OS. Specify registration names for non-TrueType fonts.
- Environment Variables. Create, append or prepend user or system environment variables.
- Autoregister. Auto registration for files that support it. You can schedule it at install time.
- Files and Folders. Install and uninstall files and folders. Set attributes create shortcuts.
- Registry. Install and uninstall registry keys and entries.
- Template projects. Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Add/Remove. Customize your application’s listing in the “Add/Remove Programs” page of Control Panel.
- XML projects. Easy to check into version control systems and share between multiple developers.
- Command-Line. Build your release packages in completely automated scripts, like Make, Ant, NAnt, TeamCity, Jenkins or MSBuild.
- Run and Log. Launch your MSI package while pretty-printing the full Windows Installer log.
- Launch Conditions. Visually specify conditions necessary (applications, frameworks, etc.) for your package to run.
- Smart Formatted Editing. Editing (MSI)Formatted fields offer reference auto-completion, syntax and error highlights and resolved value hints.
- Per-User/Per-machine. Create installers that can be install as required: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Include Merge Modules. Include frameworks, libraries, and other prepackaged dependencies into your installers with just a few mouse clicks.
Changes in Advanced Installer Architect 16.8:
- PowerShell automation to create MSTs
- Synchronize fonts files in MSIX builds
- Early digital certificate validation for MSIX
- Show files skipped for signing at build when they are already digitally signed
- Improved network connectivity for remote repackaging
- Import custom versions from target platforms when import/edit an MSIX
- Extend MSIX Advanced Installer stub support for elevated and non-elevated executables at the same time
- Update to Modification Package to support editable Min/Max version
- Modification Package UX improvements
- Update “Apache Tomcat 7” prerequisite to latest version 7.0.99
- Update “Apache Tomcat 8.5” prerequisite to latest version 8.5.51
- Update “Apache Tomcat 9” prerequisite to latest version 9.0.31
- “Test Script” functionality fails for any script if the installation type is set to “Per-User only”
- Project is not marked as modified when using the setters in PowerShell
- “Failed to save project changes” error when opening .AIP file in Visual Studio
- Advanced Installer crashes when navigating in COM view after MSIX import/edit
- “Install MSIX/Appx Package” predefined custom action does not log any failure
- “filename.VisualElemetsManifest.xml” can be deleted and will generate an error on build
- Register edit field from Express edition start page is not working
- Fix crash when updating from Simple project
- The assemblies installation fails when the rpk file is imported
- Visual Studio Extension does not import the dependency of an application reference file
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 139.61 MB