Advanced Installer Architect is a powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool, enabling developers to create reliable MSI packages that meet the latest Microsoft Windows logo certification guidelines. Extremely easy to use, powerful, fast, and lightweight.
Advanced Installer Architect simplifies the process of building Windows Installer packages by providing a very easy to use, high-level interface to the underlying technology. The program implements all Windows Installer rules and follows all the advised best practices.
With this simple, intuitive interface, building a Windows Installer package will take just a few minutes. Start the program, add a few files, change the name, hit the Build button, and you are done. No scripts to learn, no seminars to attend.
Advanced Installer Architect project files are stored in XML format. This way, they can be easily checked into a version control system. The software installer also operates at the command line, so you can build your release packages in a completely automated script, like Make, Ant, or NAnt. Furthermore, the most common operations are also implemented as command line actions, so you can modify your project in an automated fashion.
Advanced Installer Architect will organize your application in Features and Components as per Windows Installer guidelines. This way you can take advantage of advanced software installer features like partial install and repair without having to do anything. Further customizing the organization is easy and intuitive.
Packed as native EXEs, DLLs, or script files and written in C, C++, VBS, or JS, Custom Actions give you the full power to add anything you want, anywhere you want to your software installer.
Advanced Installer Architect Top Features:
- MSI. Create valid MSI setups for your applications respecting all written and unwritten Windows Installer rules.
- UAC. Build installers that run flawlessly on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista supporting their security model.
- Side-by-Side. Create packages for different versions of your application.
- Imports. Import from Visual Studio, InstallShield LE, WiX, Eclipse, Inno Setup, NSIS, and regular MSI/MSM packages.
- Fonts. Register fonts in the Windows OS. Specify registration names for non-TrueType fonts.
- Environment Variables. Create, append, or prepend user or system environment variables.
- Autoregister. Auto registration for files that support it. You can schedule it at install time.
- Files and Folders. Install and uninstall files and folders. Set attributes create shortcuts.
- Registry. Install and uninstall registry keys and entries.
- Template projects. Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Add/Remove. Customize your application’s listing in the “Add/Remove Programs” page of the Control Panel.
- XML projects. Easy to check into version control systems and share between multiple developers.
- Command-Line. Build your release packages in completely automated scripts, like Make, Ant, NAnt, TeamCity, Jenkins, or MSBuild.
- Run and Log. Launch your MSI package while pretty-printing the full Windows Installer log.
- Launch Conditions. Visually specify conditions necessary (applications, frameworks, etc.) for your package to run.
- Smart Formatted Editing. Editing (MSI)Formatted fields offer reference auto-completion, syntax, and error highlights and resolved value hints.
- Per-User/Per-machine. Create installers that can be install as required: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Include Merge Modules. Include frameworks, libraries, and other prepackaged dependencies into your installers with just a few mouse clicks.
Changes in Advanced Installer Architect 17.4.1:
- Advanced Installer crashed for trial users
- Advanced Installer(MSI Quick-Edit mode) fails to edit MSI without files
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 145.4 MB