Start Menu X is an alternative to the system menu for professionals. Power users are lots more demanding, and it’s not stunning – as an alternative to a petty dozen of programs we have now a whole bunch!
Find out how one can find and launch programs without scrolling, additional clicks, and moves. The menu is just replaced when the program is loaded.
This Start Menu application provides itself to the autostart list throughout installation, however you possibly can change this using the MSConfig utility.
You can access the program settings by right-clicking the program icon within the notification area (close to the clock) or right-clicking wherever within the menu.
The program can work in two modes – Simple mode and Virtual Groups mode. In the primary case, the whole list is proven within the same method because it seems within the system menu. You can select the display mode throughout installation or later in program settings.
- Virtual Groups. Group programs by function (office applications, graphics, etc) without altering their location on the hard drive.
- Single-click launch. The PRO version allows you to assign the main program to any folder and begin it simply by clicking this folder.
- Flexible configuration. Customize the menu to your style! Change the structure and add tabs.
- Years of experience. The application is an embodiment of our 7-year expertise in creating alternative menu solutions.
Start Menu X replaces the yellow folder icons with application icons. Clicking on the folder launches the application. To access a submenu, hover the cursor over a folder for just a few seconds. For the primary launch, the application launched is decided automatically. Subsequently, the application that you simply most lately launched turns into the folder’s “default application”.
Split the contents of any folder into virtual groups without altering the situation of files on disk. Virtual groups might be folded and unfolded. Thus, you possibly can spend much less time in search of things and alter how information is displayed in keeping with your circumstances. This feature appeared first in Start Menu X and is our invention.
Access to wherever in your computer
Unfortunately, in Windows 10, links to folders have been removed from the system menu. You are solely given a list of applications, so even attending to the control panel from the menu has to turn out to be very troublesome.
It’s a great factor you’ve Start Menu X! With our program, you possibly can configure a personalized list of folders. A broad choice of 25 system folders and the power so as to add your personal folders or applications are what you must tailor the menu to your particular person’s wants.
Fullscreen list of application
The Windows 10 system menu and different applications that thoughtlessly copied the Windows 7 menu pressure you to use a small window to pick applications. Consequently, it’s important to continuously scroll via this list and make plenty of superfluous mouse actions.
We have fixed this annoyance within the interface. Folder contents make use of the whole screen and deciding on an application solely relies on how fast your eyes are. When mixed with the “one-click launch” feature, the outcomes are beautiful.
Timer-based power management
Without any extra applications or effort, instantly from the menu, you possibly can set a timer to close down or sleep your computer with a delay. This feature is useful for folk who love to depart the computer on at night time to work on resource-intensive tasks and those that simply like to hearken to music while they’re out and about.
- Fully rewrote the system integration. We rewrote system integration from scratch in the new version. The program is way more stable and safe
- Added the power to replace the Start menu’s button image in varied methods
- Added new unique pores and skin and a set of the latest skins
- Added the power to override the system color for Aero-supported skins
- Corrected an error that prevented the program from working correctly when Pinnacle Studio is installed
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 with 64-bit support.
Size: 14.4 MB